lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2014, 12:53 PM   #11
Grizz3500
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Should I Keep It or Move On

Put the cart on the charger last night and will test pack voltage today. I'm the original purchaser of the cart. No pigtail that I can find on the motor. The controller is a Curtis PMC, model 1204-410. Voltage 36-48V. Current:225. The housing is completely black. I'm not sure if this is the infomous "black" controller that causes problems to battery packs, but I'd like to know.

Another note, my cart has the F/R lever, not the toggle switch.
Grizz3500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2014, 01:02 PM   #12
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Sounds like you have a series CC and someone switched battery lights from the amber one to the red one found on Regen 1 models
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:46 PM   #13
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Curious about the light - maybe the series carts in '96 had a red light too. In any case if you have a lever and not a rocker switch you have a series cart - you can do "unlimited" upgrades to it - by all means keep it. Its the most affordable cart to upgrade to anything your little heart desires!
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:51 PM   #14
Grizz3500
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Tested the battery pack after sitting for 12 hrs or so. 50.5v, seems just a tad low. Besides swapping out the controller, what else would need to be upgraded to maintain 20+ mph and have good power for steep hills. I need to get serious about this. My wife is already talking to the Club Car dealer.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:40 PM   #15
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Even without changing your controller; and since you already added 4 ga. (I assume including the cables to the motor also) - the easiest way seems to be what MRGOLF suggested - a PlumQuick Bandit. According to others who have changed their series carts on this site - you'll get "just over" 20 mph plus a noticeable amount of torque to boot. If you upgrade the controller - I suspect you'll get more torque - but I'll let someone who has done it advise the result.

Or better still call PlumQuick directly - they have upgrade packages (controller+motor) and know exactly what you can expect.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:04 PM   #16
Grizz3500
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks joesam, I'll check PlumQuick out. Going to play 9 holes tomorrow and see how the cart behaves. It hasn't had much use over the last 4 yrs. Owned a Tomberlin E-merge SS during that time because the wife had to have it. What a POS, nothing but trouble. Sold it a week ago.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car