lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2014, 06:00 PM   #1
Pablob
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Cart wont move

I have a 2002 Ezgo txt I have installed an AXE 4855 new motor large cables heavy f/r switch ran great for two months then it quit. I no voltage on my switches until I found out the interlock switch was bad I by pass that now the controller LED comes and reverse horn works but the cart wont move the solenoid clicks and is the large one 1000amp max. anyone have any thought

Thanks Pablo
Pablob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2014, 01:22 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart wont move

Lift rear tires off ground and put on jackstands so half ton cart doesn't take off unexpectedly and run over someone.

Connect your DVM between the B- and M- terminals on controller.
Key = ON
F/R = F or R
Press pedal just far enough to make solenoid click.
You should read FULL battery pack voltage.

If not, follow the high current cables from the M- terminal through the motor and F/R switch to the B+ terminal using the meter probe that was on the M- terminal. When you find the pack voltage, the problem lies between that point and the last point you didn't have pack voltage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AXE-NPX in EZGO.jpg (258.0 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 03:26 PM   #3
Pablob
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

thanks i will i give that a try and what happens
Old 10-22-2014, 03:20 PM   #4
Pablob
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Here's What I came up with B- to M- 19.2v press throttle tell solenoid clicks 1.82v, B- to A1 same B- to A2 same, B- to switch C same, B- to Switch A same, when I went B- to B+ I had 37.2v then push throttle and got 38.8v pack voltage. What I'm seeing is that the problem is the motor or the F/R switch. Can u think of any other checks I can do to refine it down a little more
Old 10-22-2014, 03:34 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablob View Post
Here's What I came up with B- to M- 19.2v press throttle tell solenoid clicks 1.82v, B- to A1 same B- to A2 same, B- to switch C same, B- to Switch A same, when I went B- to B+ I had 37.2v then push throttle and got 38.8v pack voltage. What I'm seeing is that the problem is the motor or the F/R switch. Can u think of any other checks I can do to refine it down a little more
You didn't check S1, S2, B or D.

However, if the cable from A is connected to the B+ terminal as shown on the schematic, it is bad. You have voltage on one end of it, but not the other.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:01 PM   #6
Pablob
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

John u are saying the cable from A to B+ might be bad?
Old 10-22-2014, 04:11 PM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
John u are saying the cable from A to B+ might be bad?
Yes.

If you have full pack voltage on one and next to nothing on the other end, it isn't good, but it could be a dirty connection rather than a broken cable.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:24 AM   #8
Pablob
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Well we found the problem it was the F/R switch one of the lugs was fried, this is a friend of mines cart he didn't tell me that he has replace the F/R switch a couple times before that would have been the first place I would have looked. He said since put all new stuff in that would fix the problem. So what I'm thinking now is the linkage is either to short or long and it's not aligning up right when he shifts into gear.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:55 AM   #9
asbenrud
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

It might be a high voltage circuit
asbenrud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 10:08 AM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Well we found the problem it was the F/R switch one of the lugs was fried, this is a friend of mines cart he didn't tell me that he has replace the F/R switch a couple times before that would have been the first place I would have looked. He said since put all new stuff in that would fix the problem. So what I'm thinking now is the linkage is either to short or long and it's not aligning up right when he shifts into gear.
I'm not up to speed on aligning the mechanics of a series F/R switch since I don't have a series cart, but with a 500A controller I'd suggest installing one of Cart Unlimited's Heavy-Duty F/R switches (best one around): http://www.cartsunlimited.net/F_R_Switch_Upgrades.php

Or a Super-Duty reversing contactor: http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Reversing_Contactors.html
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO