lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-05-2015, 07:32 AM   #21
benjylafond
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: New Super Duty Solenoid - no go

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
It might be that pushing the test probe into the backside of the connector causes it to make a better electrical connection.

The four pin in-line MOLEX connector that connects the the four wire cable to the cart's wiring harness is notorious for causing ITS and pedal switch issues.

You can do whatever you think is right, but if the one on my cart ever acts up, I'm going to cut the in-line connector out and solder the wires together. (Actually, I'll twist the wires together, solder them and then coat them with NO-OX-ID and wire-nuts. That leaves me some accessible test points.)
No Molex connector on this one. Just the regular male/female push-on connectors. Created a "jump wire" from micropedal switch to small terminal on Solenoid, still no click. I'm afraid it may be the new solenoid is bad.
benjylafond is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-05-2015, 08:14 AM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

There are test instructions here on this Solenoid install sheet. I have not seen one of these solenoid bad from the factory but, there is always a first time for anything.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Solenoid 09-14jpg.jpg (242.6 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:31 AM   #23
benjylafond
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
There are test instructions here on this Solenoid install sheet. I have not seen one of these solenoid bad from the factory but, there is always a first time for anything.
Not necessarily bad from the factory. It lasted 3 miles.
Old 04-08-2015, 01:46 PM   #24
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

If getting pack voltage to the small terminals at the solenoid makes it click, the solenoid isn't bad.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 06:09 AM   #25
benjylafond
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Solenoid wasn't bad. Neighbor and I tested everything and found the 400 amp fuse connected to solenoid at B- was not functioning. On closer inspection, the metal band in the fuse had cracked in the middle (it didn't melt or burn). Replaced fuse and everything works! (for now)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO