lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2015, 12:46 PM   #1
davehop47
Not Yet Wild

Default 2011 txt 48 volt wiring ??

There is a grey wire coming from the charger receptacle to the batteries. The ring broke off so I am trying to replace it. When I cut of the black end it had 2 wires (red and white) coming from it.

1.) how do I put a new terminal on this wire ?

2.) which battery post does it go to ?

Thanks for the help.
davehop47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-17-2015, 04:06 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2011 txt 48 volt wiring ??

This device is a temperature probe for the battery temp. The charger monitors the temp to tailor the charge profile to compensate for battery temps. The black box at the end of the wire is the sensor, the ring that broke off only transfered heat to the sensor. It does not function to send any power to those 2 wires (i would advise against hooking the wires directly to the batt terminal, it wont help you anyway). You will need to get a new sensor. They are available from fullriver battery (a authorized Delta-Q distributor). Ezgo does not sell the sensor seperately, only the whole charge port. The charger will not function without the sensor, so you have 2 options, 1- buy a whole charge port from ezgo, 2- buy just the sensor from fullriver or elsewhere, and repair it yourself (much cheaper). It does not technically matter which battery terminal the sensor is on, but ezgo puts it on the main Positive terminal. If you wanted to "rig" it back together, you could just reconnect the small red and black wires, not connect the black box to any battery terminal, and continue using the cart without temp compensation features.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 03:45 PM   #3
davehop47
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2011 txt 48 volt wiring ??

cgtech thank you so much exactly the info I needed to make the repairs.

BTW by connecting the wires directly the cart would not operated, worked fine as soon as I disconnected the wires.
davehop47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO