lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2015, 09:12 PM   #11
crash test dummy

Default Re: Intermittent problem with reverse

scotty ...do you always use dielectric grease on F/R switch ?
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2015, 09:43 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post

scotty ...do you always use dielectric grease on F/R switch ?
Interesting you should ask. The grease does make operation easier but it also has the potential to collect particulates on the contact surface which can diminish the contact between the moving lug and the stationery contact.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 05:49 AM   #13
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks! Busy day today so I might not be able to work on it until tomorrow.
Should I also unloosen that smaller nut I tightened? (refer to the earlier post with the picture, showing which nut I tightened).
I appreciate all the help!
Silverstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 08:04 AM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstreak View Post
Thanks! Busy day today so I might not be able to work on it until tomorrow.
Should I also unloosen that smaller nut I tightened? (refer to the earlier post with the picture, showing which nut I tightened).
I appreciate all the help!
No, no harm in leaving it tightened.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 12:22 PM   #15
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well I had a little time this morning to check it out. That clip on the end of the blue wire was very loose, so I used pliers and crimped it a little, and it's very secure now.

As far as turning that bolt that requires the 9/16 wrench.......is that just the extension of the big bolt in the front of the F/R switch that attaches to the long rod? I tried to turn the one in the back and it just wouldn't budge, and I was afraid of hurting something, so I stopped.
Does it make sense that in order to make that turn, you have to hold on to the knob/rod at the same time?
I haven't had any more problems with it. I think it was that loose wire.
But one more question Scotty...........you said the blue wire goes to the key switch and if that was loose, I wouldn't go anywhere. But my problem was only with going forward, mostly after having gone backwards. Would that switch have been in a loose position that would have allowed going backwards but not forward?
Old 06-14-2015, 12:49 PM   #16
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hi again,
I've limped along with this for a couple months. Sometimes it lunges in Forward, sometimes it works fine. It started up right after it came back from it's annual service at an EZ-GO dealers.
Here's my situation.....I'm not real up on how these things work, and the company that usually fixes it is about 80 miles away, so I'd like to try to take care of it myself.

I'm pretty good at making connections........and here's what I sense: It ALWAYS works in reverse, but in Forward, half the time it doesn't work unless I keep pressing down on the accelerator and/or moving the F/R handle back and forth.......and then it finally lunges forward.......like a horse rearing up!

I watched a You Tube video about this and looked my F/R switch over again. All the bolts are tight; All the bolts are still copper colored; All the various wires are connected well and nothing anywhere looks burned or old. This switch was replaced in Nov. of 2012.

So, in my limited amount of knowledge with these things, I'm thinking it's a matter of the Forward things in the switch not making a good connection. It sound sort of like scraping when I move the stick, and the stick is pretty hard to move. So I'm thinking maybe I need to somehow clean out that area where the contacts are and maybe lubricate it? I'm not talking about taking it apart.......just doing these things from up above. Is it possible that those 2 things would help the contact of the Forward?

Like I've said, the Reverse ALWAYS works.
I appreciate your patience with me. I'm an older lady with arthritis and this cart is so important to me. We have 35 acres and it gets me everywhere on it. I like it more than my husband. hahahaha Just kidding!
So.....might my cleaning in that area (q-tips? pipe cleaners? a cleaner of some sort?) and then lubricating it help at all to get that Forward always working?

Thanks a bunch!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO