lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2015, 08:52 AM   #1
Jonathanengr
Not Yet Wild

Default 1998 EZGO that won't go...??

Hi, all. I have a 1998 EZGO cart that I bought used roughly 5 years ago. It has run flawlessly since then with the exception of a battery change roughly two years ago.

I keep the golf cart at our campground at the lake during the summer and bring it home during the winter. After bringing it home this fall I hopped on the cart to pull it into the garage. It started to go then, for lack of a better description, it was like someone unplugged the power. I let off of the accelerator and pressed it again--nothing. Later on that day I went back out, pressed the pedal, and it started to go then did the same thing.

I haven't taken the time to look into it as I haven't had the time, but is there a "common" issue that might cause this problem? I'm pretty handy in general but know next to nothing about golf carts. If it's something I can tackle I would like to do the repair myself. Any input would be appreciated!
Jonathanengr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2015, 05:56 AM   #2
Dennisneri
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1998 EZGO that won't go...??

need alot more info than this did you check battery levels? check each one. One bad battery will cause it to fail
Dennisneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 08:52 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1998 EZGO that won't go...??

Need to know which drive system you have.

Use the attached chart to identify it.

If it is a 1998 model, it'll either be a Series or DCS drive.

If it has a metal body, it is a Medalist and if the body is plastic, it is a TXT. (But could be other body styles)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgoguide.jpg (78.0 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO