lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2015, 05:21 PM   #1
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default RXV- What is this part / sensor ? for??

2008 rxv. I am tearing it down, and want to know what this round thing is? It looks like a sensor???

Also, what is this parts function, and how can I tell if it goes bad?? I mean when it fails, what happens? What are the symptoms?

Thanks for any help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rxv sensor.jpg (153.4 KB, 0 views)
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-29-2015, 07:01 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: RXV- What is this part / sensor ? for??

It is "bi-metal" switch, it is normally closed. It temporarly opens if the heat from the resistor coil below it gets too hot, the cart would then shut off the resistor (and possibly the cart). It is a safeguard, as the resistor should only activate under rare conditions, like if you drove the cart with totally full batteries down a hill while using the brakes. If the controller detects the batteries have no room to store more energy (are full charge), the controller will use the resistor to "burn-off" the energy created by braking. This system is only used on the RXV, as it has no "brakes", and solely uses regenerative braking to slow the cart under normal conditions.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 11:05 PM   #3
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Very coolCG Thanks for that. That big resistor that is under there, is the only reason it is there, is to burn off this extra energy, no other reason?

There is only 1 resistor. The other day I saw an rxv that 2 of those resistors, one on each side?? Whats that 2nd resistor for, and why don't all rxv's have them?
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 11:32 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Only there for full battery/regen braking conflict. The second one you saw was an ezgo afterthought, after they found that in extreme hilly terrain, that one might be insufficient. It is only available as a ezgo add-on part, never from the assembly line (as far as i know). I have only installed one.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO