lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2015, 03:13 AM   #1
vanderark
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart jerking under load -

Hi All, I have an old late 80's Marathon with a Curtis 1204-009 36V controller and GE D297 motor (Hi-speed).

When driving up slight incline it jerks, seems like the power is intermittently dropping, never had this before and just started today. But now its occurring each time I use it.

Any thoughts - would really appreciate any assistance or idea's.

Thanks !! Tony
vanderark is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2015, 05:24 AM   #2
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Cart jerking under load -

Check your batteries.... Sounds like your pack voltage is low, you need to check overall pack voltage as well as per battery voltage; you will likely find least one of them weak...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 07:31 AM   #3
vanderark
Not Yet Wild

Hi, I have fully charged the buggy (6 batteries), are you saying one could be faulty? I will put a voltmeter across them all tomorrow, Thanks for suggestion. Tony
Old 06-09-2015, 07:43 AM   #4
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanderark View Post
Hi, I have fully charged the buggy (6 batteries), are you saying one could be faulty? I will put a voltmeter across them all tomorrow, Thanks for suggestion. Tony
Consider your batteries to be the starting point with just about any and all issues; they may not be the issue but they need to be ruled out right off the bat.... Batteries might indeed "appear" to be fully charged but they can have issues with storing and releasing their energy... One of the first test is to fully charge the batteries and allow them to sit 12 or more hours then take voltage reading as a whole and per battery; as well as keeping them clean and plates covered with water at all time... Another great test is to watch the battery pack voltage while your out using the cart, if the pack falls below 42 for a 48 volt or 31 for a 36 volt cart there is reason to suspect the batteries...
Old 06-15-2015, 06:24 AM   #5
vanderark
Not Yet Wild

Hi Teecro, I checked out the battery pack and it turns out there was a corroded battery terminal was the issue. Cleaned it up and charged and now she's all great again. Thanks for your assistance !! Cheers Tony
Old 06-15-2015, 06:28 AM   #6
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Great !!!

Tags
curtis 1204-009, ge d297, marathon
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO