lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2015, 01:08 PM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Which motor to choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskent85 View Post
well I just installed the PDS motor that I had sent off to plumquick to get rebuilt, the motor was getting 33mph before getting sent off. Only getting 26mph now. Only thing I have done is change the setting in my alltrax to the pds setting intead of the DCS map field. I will change it back and let yall know the outcome
Ask Plum Quick what field map works best with way they re-wound your motor. It might not be either 3 or 4.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2015, 02:07 PM   #22
chriskent85
Gone Wild

as soon as i get thru tinting cars this afternoon im gonna pull it back in and change the field maps to see how it runs,
chriskent85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 02:11 PM   #23
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You Really should check with PQ to see which map they recommend before the motor converts to a molten glob of goo... to be safe run the original map for that motor.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 03:56 PM   #24
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
well most DC motors will run on either 36v or 48v....but whether or not they are DESIGNED to run on either is another question....and if you look closely at the picture, on the motors label its shows to be a 36v motor.

I did find this for it though......

Attachment 121014
just finished installing one in mine this morning, don't worry about losing torque, I haven't ran it wide open for more then a few seconds and it's torquey
as hell. Haven't checked top speed either but at about 3/4 throttle it feels faster then the old stock motor did and I hit 31.8 with the stock motor
tried to do a speed run here in the park, but the dirt road is to rough only hit 31 before I let off will try again next week on asphalt after all the weekenders are gone
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 03:57 PM   #25
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

oops double post
Old 07-01-2015, 04:00 PM   #26
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
It gets a little tricky to explain why, but some aftermarket "speed" motors actually have more torque than the stock motors they replace.

I'm not a 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure the Admiral MOT-B2 is one of those motors.

If you go with it, be sure to change the Field Map in the DCX400, which probably has Map #3 loaded for the stock DCS motor, to the correct one for a MOT-B2 (call Alltrax for correct Map)
thanks for the info Johhnie
Old 07-02-2015, 07:34 AM   #27
chriskent85
Gone Wild

I changed settings and only got 28mph, very disappointing loosing 5mph after rebuild. nothing has changed on the cart except motors.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:55 AM   #28
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Sounds like the PDS motor was re-wound to produce more low end torque at the expense of high end torque. The net result being that it won't spin as fast under the same mechanical load with the same applied voltage and using the same field mapping.

What is the file name of the .hex file you have for Field Map#4?

I'm not sure if there are other versions of Field Map#4 out there, but I've seen PDS_MAP2.hex and PDS_MAP4.hex and believe the latter one has more field weakening at the top end, so it is faster.

------------
FWIW: I ran into a somewhat similar situation when I went from a DCX500 to a XCT400.

I have tiny tires and was spinning my motor at about 7,000 RPM to get 28 MPH. After swapping out the controller, I was only getting about 23 MPH.

At anything above the lower end of the RPM spectrum, the difference between a 500A and a 400A controller is nil, so the difference was the field mapping. The DCX500 had Field Map#4 (PDS_MAP4.hex) and the XCT had EZPDS (XCT Field map for a stock PDS motor). When I installed the field map that matched my motor, the speed went back up to about 28 MPH.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:29 PM   #29
chriskent85
Gone Wild

i've installed map #RHMOTB2.HEX and #DCS_MAP2.HEX
Old 07-02-2015, 05:31 PM   #30
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
well I just installed the PDS motor that I had sent off to plumquick to get rebuilt, the motor was getting 33mph before getting sent off. Only getting 26mph now. Only thing I have done is change the setting in my alltrax to the pds setting intead of the DCS map field. I will change it back and let yall know the outcome
Quote:
i've installed map #RHMOTB2.HEX and #DCS_MAP2.HEX
Huh?

What field map was being used when the stock PDS motor was propelling the cart at 33 MPH?

Also, what is the tire height?
(Based on what RPM I suspect a stock PDS motor will turn at 48V, my guess is 22" )
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO