lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2015, 03:20 PM   #1
Billyokc7
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 07 TXT 36V Battery charger issue! HELP PLEASE!

Hello peeps! I have a 2007 TXT 36v cart. I just put in a complete set of batteries and now my charger is not charging them!
When I check all 6 batteries each one is 6.6v and the total is 39.0V not 36V could this be the issue? I have a battery meter and it's showing 1/2 charge

When I plug in the charger ( EZgo compact charger) it will flash red and green rapidly 4 times then green light stedy blink. Can anyone help?!
Billyokc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2015, 03:36 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 07 TXT 36V Battery charger issue! HELP PLEASE!

Green light blink is indication of charging on the QE charger. Check voltage as charger is plugged in to monitor for voltage rise. If all else fails, Try another charger from a buddy. The QE charger has a big reputation as junk, if its bad, get a DPI instead.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 06:36 PM   #3
bildad
Not Yet Wild

I too have an 07 TXT and there is no doubt in my mind that the QE charger that came with the cart shortened the life of the original set of batteries that were in the cart when I bought it. I now have a DPI charger. I made a big investment when I bought new batteries for my cart. The DPI charger was not cheap but I look at it as the best battery maintenance that I can do.
bildad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 04:44 PM   #4
timmyjane
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

A 36v cart does not charge to 36v. 38.2V is full charge. Sounds to me like your batteries are fully charged and your meter may be faulty.
timmyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO