lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2015, 12:34 PM   #1
Josh61513
Not Yet Wild

Question Solenoid Clicks but No-Go!

I have a '94 Medalist (series) that I recently upgraded with a package from ScottyB. New Trojan T-875 batteries (48V now!), SPM 48500 controller, 2 ga. cables, HD F/R switch, and HD solenoid. The cart had extremely weak batteries-~24V under load so I don't have much of a comparison but with the new setup the torque off the line was excellent, and top speed was decent in the 16-20mph range. I've only had the new setup installed for a couple weeks, but when I recently went to demo it I wasn't able to get it to move. Solenoid clicks and provided voltage to the controller but the cart doesn't move whatsoever. The light on the SPX controller doesn't come on when the solenoid clicks, but I did verify that 50V is at the small connector between the red and the black wires. Does it sound like the controller is bad or??

Thanks,
Josh
Josh61513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2015, 01:50 PM   #2
Josh61513
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Solenoid Clicks but No-Go!

I tracked down the alltrax wiring diagram for ezgo.

I verified B+ high-current voltage (~48V before pedal pressed enough to engage solenoid, full 52V after), B- high-current voltage, and the red wire to the connector with full 52V with pedal pushed. Seems like the controller should come on and the LED should go green, so that it can be ready and watching the pedal position.

Does everyone agree with that diagnosis? The controller is malfunctioning??

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DOC110-001-D_DWG-SPM-EZGO-TXT-WIRE-DIA.pdf (112.4 KB, 0 views)
Josh61513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 01:56 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Solenoid Clicks but No-Go!

If you have verified 48 negative at B- and 48 positive at pin #1 the LED should be on. If not call Alltrax Tech support and see if they have anything to add. 541.476.3565
Shoot me an email if you need more help.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO