lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2017, 01:55 PM   #1
Papas 73Dart
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default 1999 Clubcar DS motor instal

I pulled ot a 48 volt motor from this cart because it was building up bad vibration and made noise when going above 4 mph.It also would slow down like the batteries were dieing then if you hit a bump it would pick up again.
What I found inside was lots of carbon dust and a nose bearing that felt dry with a bit of play.l have replaced the bearing and checked the rotor assembly all is good and the brushes are like new.
My question is what type of lubricant should l use on the output splines ,and the was no bumper inside the output shaft does it require on to help eliminate vibrations
I went on the Clubcar web site and couldn't locate this particular information
Papas 73Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2017, 02:01 PM   #2
Muddog
Crazy Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1999 Clubcar DS motor instal

Use anti seize compound on your shaft.
Muddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 02:35 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Second that
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 08:50 PM   #4
Papas 73Dart
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Thanks anti seize woks great l put the motor back in and followed the instructions in the club car manual about putting bolts in evenly.
Once The motor was snugged up tight to the differential I torqued the bolts in proper sequence incrementally until the full values were reached.
Happy to report no more vibrations and fluctuations in speed cart pulls just fine
However there is now a VERY noticeable noise coming from the rear end sounds a lot like gears not meshing properly or trying to wear into a new pattern
Any ideas on what to check?
The fluid is right up in the diff
Old 07-17-2017, 10:11 AM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Sometimes that happens. There is a centering kit that can be used. Revolution Golf Cars - David Hicks has them. I remember this coming up a short while ago and he had the kit on his site.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:32 AM   #6
Papas 73Dart
Getting Wild
Yamaha

I have the centre ring kit that I ordered from Revolution golf carts but there was ZERO
Information in the package as to which rubber insert or spring and washer to use
Any suggestions?
Old 08-20-2017, 11:17 AM   #7
crash test dummy

yea ... Install flat washer, spring, spline washers, then cone shaped rubber with cone pointing to motor. Tighten it all back up. i don't use the rubber as it did not fit right

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Try removing the rubber insulator from the inside of the motor armature. I've NEVER used that piece of the kit. I've experienced three motors completely lock down because of all of the extra pressure on the bearing. Once removed they work great and the noise is still gone.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car