lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2017, 01:05 PM   #1
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 2002 cc jerksa bit-9 month old batteries

I filled my batteries [bought last fall .i filled the batts up 2 days ago some were empty to the lead cores but still had acid in them. I now have a little jerk just after i hit the petal and takeoff forwards. It feels like something is loose- but .no..i checked it all underneath,other than some frosted over aluminum 1/8" thick It run over when filling the batts up .goes fine just a small glitch in taking off---- small hesitation?/ any help is greatly appreciated btw where do i get A"good" battery filling tool . bob s

all new wires were installed back then, I thought as i looked underneath . it sounds like a shakey u-joint----- i know theres no u-joints though??
bsa_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2017, 02:20 PM   #2
RXLuke
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2002 cc jerksa bit-9 month old batteries

Series or IQ club car?
RXLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 05:03 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

If nothing is dropping out and voltage is staying steady, then it sounds like an MCOR or v-glide/potentiometer issue. You will need to look under your pedal and see which you have. Check the adjustments first, then check the ranges coming out. The MCOR 1's failed as you described and so did the pads and wiper arms contacts in the V-glide assemblies.

Make sure your batteries have not crashed and you are not losing most of your voltage when you depress the pedal.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 08:14 PM   #4
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

IQ AND i cleaned off the top of the batterys which has been wet since i filled them up.and {to much water in some of the cells- 2 caps were not on strait it leaked acid down on the aluminum frame .Its all corroded now.. It is dry on all the batteries. It isn't doing this jerkin now. Did i do something that really helped . bob s~~~~ and thank you
Used--- Mcor few years back- pack voltage was down to 37 yesterday---has to be constant- 48 is what i need--- is this right?
Old 08-01-2017, 08:31 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsa_bob View Post
-snip- pack voltage was down to 37 yesterday---has to be constant- 48 is what i need--- is this right?
Wholly cow Batman! That is NOT good. That is barely enough voltage for a 36v cart. Are you charging them till your powerdrive charger cuts off? Because that is really really low pack voltage.....

Got you a digital volt meter and check the voltage of each individual battery. You probably have one or more cells gone.

And only fill your batteries to 1/4" to 1/2" over the plates. I stay at 1/4" to minimize seepage at the vent caps.
Old 08-02-2017, 07:49 AM   #6
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

yes i filled mine to much gonna change that today. If each battery is tested separately should they show 12 volts --all (6-8 volt batteries) each battery thanks bob s
'
Old 08-02-2017, 12:38 PM   #7
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Separately they should measure mid to high 8's preferably. 8.4 to 8.6ish. You would like to have a pack voltage of ~51v
Old 08-02-2017, 01:07 PM   #8
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

You need to up your battery care methods. At least monthly, you should check the electrolyte level and add distilled water as needed to just 1/4" over the plates before charging or 1/2" after. And, speaking of charging, you need to fully charge your pack after each use and keep them fully charged when not in use.

Letting the plates go dry shortened their life. Over filling shortened it more. Not keeping them fully charged shortened it even more. Running the pack down to basically zero probably will be the nail in their coffin.

The bucking under load is a sign of a weak pack which puts more heat load on the cables and terminals. You should inspect them as well during your monthly (at least) battery maintenance.
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 03:56 PM   #9
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: 2002 cc jerksa bit-9 month old batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregorio View Post
You need to up your battery care methods. At least monthly, you should check the electrolyte level and add distilled water as needed to just 1/4" over the plates before charging or 1/2" after. And, speaking of charging, you need to fully charge your pack after each use and keep them fully charged when not in use.

Letting the plates go dry shortened their life. Over filling shortened it more. Not keeping them fully charged shortened it even more. Running the pack down to basically zero probably will be the nail in their coffin.

The bucking under load is a sign of a weak pack which puts more heat load on the cables and terminals. You should inspect them as well during your monthly (at least) battery maintenance.
Welll!! i DID neglect the batteries but!!-- i got them leveled off where they should be. So! as of right now alls well- in my CC. I DO charge my batteries EVERYTIME AFTER EVERY USE.So not guilty there.hope it heals up, as it is doing good at this point, cross my fingers,thanks for the tips all bob s ~~no bucking presently.
Old 08-03-2017, 03:59 PM   #10
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

question I have this trickle charger thats black and yellow.from Ca, Iwas told this is way of keeping my batteries up.NOW!Its keep them fully charged with my " big" charger aayy? bob s
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car