lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2017, 12:52 PM   #11
swm63
Gone Wild

Default Re: Please help determine this model and controller

I think you need to talk to Dave at Revolution. (TahoeDawgZ71)
He'd be the best to help you get that wiring harness squared away and then give you upgrade options.
swm63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2017, 02:05 PM   #12
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

This is just my opinion, but you have captured an "opportunity cart". With that cart you have the perfect shell to install a new/replacement IQ wiring harness (yours is hacked), MCOR (necessary to upgrade), and a XCT (kick a**) controller (yours is toast). You can request a custom kit from David at Revolution to accomplish this with OEM parts.

That would effectively turn it into a (much more modern and capable) IQ cart. And David would be able to provide any advice required with the conversion. The total price tag for the parts to upgrade might approach nearly what you have proposed paying for the cart itself - but you would end up with a whole lot of performance cart for the money!

That assumes that your current motor/cart body are in good condition of course. The motor itself is a good one and is compatible with an IQ conversion (the speed sensor on that particular motor, although an older version, might need a plug/adapter) - but David knows all that stuff and would provide a plug/adapter in your "kit" if necessary.

David is also knowledgeable and is the man to contact if you decide to just fix and not upgrade. But you'd be surprised how close to the upgrade cost a simple fix would be at this stage.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 08:43 PM   #13
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1remer View Post
So that would explain why the controller smoked, There are a ton of wires from the harness that have been cut, moved, spiced, ect. How much work am i looking at to put back together? Basically i am getting the cart as is, but come with 6 brand new Trojans, Brand new roof, windshiled, LED light kit, and more. Cart is already lifted. I said i would give $1000 for it, which i know he has more than double that in parts. Soooo.....try to fix or walk away??
Definitely go with it. Everything is replaceable and it sounds like you already have a good base AND lots of good stuff there. You have way more than $1000 worth of stuff plus a cart. Remember, there is harnesses, controllers, solenoids, etc. that are easily installed in that cart and will make it like new. Remember the site sponsors mentioned as they can help you with all that at the best prices.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car 1996, controller, model year identification, serial number help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car