lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2017, 10:54 AM   #1
clueless1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default WHAT'S YOUR GUESS? MOTOR or CONTROLLER

Regene II converted to IQ .Started out intermittent run fine to slowing right down to crawl with no power to nothing when accelerator pressed to working fine again for days. back to nothing at all to a crawl to fine. Now I think she is pooped; (she does nothing). Noticed the battery has lost charge while not in use! Now get this...with my old guy ears I noticed a quiet mild sound (kurtunk, kurtunk, kurtunk, kurtunk....) I had heard it before but dismissed it as torque on chassis while leaning on cart it turns out to be coming from motor even though key is of and cart is in neutral! I unplugged the controller and it stopped. the batteries are now charging. So whats your guesses fellas? Controller, Motor or something else? Oh yeah, the controller and motor are both aftermarket the motor is a Advanced Motors & Drives GGO-4001 high speed motor and the controller is a Altrax DCX400IQ. The controller is turned all the way down for speed. One last consideration...I noticed when I unplugged the controller it appeared there was a little red light where there is normally a little green light. Its hard to tell because its up in a difficult place to see. Any thoughts or educated guesses?
clueless1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2017, 08:50 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: WHAT'S YOUR GUESS? MOTOR or CONTROLLER

I wish I knew for sure but do not. It sure sounds like something with the controller, but I know the tech support at alltrax is great so I would give them a call and tell them what is happening and the light colors and I thing they will help you resolve it. I know they will have test procedures to help you determine the controller status.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car