lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2017, 07:29 AM   #1
william h
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default cables

more questions, thanks for all the help. neighbor gave me 15 ft of 2ga welding cable lugs and use of his hydraulic crimper, so its cable time i can copy and make the battery cables no prob what about the rest? where does the pos cable go from the batt? etc and would this be a good time to change my controller ? in other words, am i going to be connecting new cable to the controller, solenoid etc 2014 cc i2 excel 6 8 volt batts no obc tnx
william h is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2017, 08:02 AM   #2
sminker
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: cables

This is a great time to upgrade the controller.

Alltrax is the recommended brand. A couple of the site sponsors sell them. I bought mine from ScottyB @ Carts Unlimited. He shipped everything I ordered super fast and will help with any questions.

I would recommend the Alltrax XCT500. It comes with heatsink, fan and with 500 amps it will handle any aftermarket motor. Since I have the stock motor (for now) I just lowered the amp setting so it wouldn't fry the motor. You will notice an immediate difference in Speed and Torque.

You also need to buy a 400 Amp HD Solenoid. He has combo packs that bundle them together.

For the wiring question just follow and replace the current wiring one at a time. I labeled all my new wiring with what wire it was replacing. Green, White, etc...

I just upgraded a 2014 CC JE1445. More than willing to send you pictures on how I installed everything. Wiring, etc..
sminker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 08:05 AM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Bump! (And be sure to get some high quality heat-shrink and seal up each lug end securely)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 10:10 AM   #4
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by william h View Post
neighbor gave me 15 ft of 2ga welding cable lugs and use of his hydraulic crimper, so its cable time i can copy and make the battery cables no prob what about the rest?
you will need more than 15ft of cable
Old 08-27-2017, 11:38 AM   #5
william h
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

your right looks like iam going to need about 21 ft total are there any cables that don't need to be changed out right away on a stock 14 club car ?
william h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 01:31 PM   #6
sminker
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by william h View Post
your right looks like iam going to need about 21 ft total are there any cables that don't need to be changed out right away on a stock 14 club car ?

I would do all the battery terminals to get some of the work out of the way then wait for the rest until you get the controller/solenoid mounted so you know exactly what you need.
sminker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car