lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2017, 04:05 PM   #21
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Trailer for golf cart

A guy I use to work with would throw dump material in his trailer in the back yard. He figured he'd make the dump run when the thing was full, but somebody always wanted to borrow the trailer. He'd say "Sure, but you'll need to go to the dump first". He hasn't paid dump fees for years.

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2017, 04:18 PM   #22
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smart guy!
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 05:27 PM   #23
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizbgolf View Post
Also when towing cart backwards on trailer you need to pull the windshield off (if you have one) while towing or you may not have a windshield when you reach your destination. I might have made that mistake once lol.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 07:45 PM   #24
texastbone
Gone Wild

Club Car

Tool,
Here's the skinny on that trailer...I have the exact trailer you are wanting to buy 5x8 Tractor supply. My friend bought one last year to haul equipment from Dallas to new braunfels. When he was done i bought it for $275 unregistered. I registered it and use the h@#l out of it, I did have some very heavy expanded metal welded over the floor $300, Great trailer but the floor is very week, Tires are 13".
If you need more pics let me know
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_8146.jpg (438.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100_8147.jpg (556.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100_8148.jpg (581.0 KB, 0 views)
texastbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 08:32 PM   #25
Toolmaker Bob
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

texastbone, Yes I know the floor is weak. That is why I mentioned that I would put two 2"x10"x8' long boards down on the floor to support the wheels of the golf cart. I have these boards and wouldn't have to buy a sheet of plywood. Thanks for the pictures.
Toolmaker Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 10:06 PM   #26
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Just my humble opinion from hauling stuff on trailers like that for a long time.
Why on earth would you put 2x8s under the tires. Trouble in so many ways. Think about it.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:13 PM   #27
hunt365
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Bob, I say go for it. The trailer seems to meet your needs and that's what really matters. I'm sure you could use it to haul other stuff as well. If not you, then your neighbors could borrow it to haul their stuff and return it damaged. Oh wait, that's what happens to me. lol !!
hunt365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 10:37 PM   #28
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That trailer should be enough for what you eant to do. I'm not a fan of mesh floors except for specialized needs. But if you need to pick a mesh floor some substantial boards for the tires works well if wide enough.

Getting enough trailer is OK but a little more is better. Think hard about a 5'x10' to allow loading the cart forward. Buying a trailer is like buying pants. Make sure it is big enough to be comfortable. Not so you have to inhale to get into them.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 10:44 PM   #29
HarryT
Gone Wild

I use a 4' x 8' trailer with wire mesh. I have picked up and delivered dozens of EZ GO and Club car carts in the last few years with it. The wire mesh is still strong on the bottom and the ramp. I do back 4 seaters on and I did replace the small wheels with 13" road tires and wheels.
Harry T
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 12:30 AM   #30
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Loaned mine out 1 time. Came back dropped off bent coupler. Had to cut tounge bolt/weld new coupler. Don't loan to people who don't know about trailers.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car