lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2017, 05:07 PM   #41
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Trailer for golf cart

Not pretty but I use it almost every day. Parking is limited at the RV park I go to. Nice to have when I run across a fixer-upper like the one in the photo. Being pulled by a Chrysler Sebring no problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160916_164630526.jpg (186.1 KB, 0 views)
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-10-2017, 08:58 PM   #42
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

I bought a 5x8 trailer 15 years ago to haul my atv on. It has worked great for my cart the last 8 years. Ive had to replace both hubs over the years, but thats because Im lazy and did not do hub mainteance. Trailer has wire mesh floor and tail gate, and its beginning to sag. When it gets too weak, Ill bolt a couple of 2x's to floor and go another 15 years.
I did replace small tires with 15"wheels and tires. Makes for a steep incline on gate ramp, but pulls much better.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 09:09 PM   #43
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

I still don't understand why anybody would bolt down 2x material over the mesh. Install plywood floor so you can haul riding mowers/small tractors of any size. You can put motorcycle tie-downs/wheel chocks anywhere you want. You can smoothly shovel out mulch/whatever. Just my humble opinion.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:22 PM   #44
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Or,,, weld, [or have welded] in some 3/16 treadplate, paint color of your choice, and be done with it for 25 years or so.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 09:23 PM   #45
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The mesh trailers do end up a lot lighter than ones with wood floors. Probably a good choice for pulling by lighter or smaller vehicles.

That said, I would never own a mesh floor trailer for the reasons just stated. But I live in the country with plenty of room to store both my trailers, a 5x10 and 7x16. They haul mowers, golf carts, tractors, brush hogs, mulch, gravel, lumber, boulders, and on occasion a nice hog for a roast at our VFW. And then there are hay rides. But its not for everybody.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 09:26 PM   #46
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Or,,, weld, [or have welded] in some 3/16 treadplate, paint color of your choice, and be done with it for 25 years or so.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:57 AM   #47
Toolmaker Bob
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The reason that I'm looking at a mesh floor trailer is because of the truck I have (actually my wife's truck). It is a 1993 Nissan D21 which we bought new in June 1993. It has 64,400 miles on it. (Yes that is actual mileage.) It has a 4 cylinder engine and automatic transmission. So I have to keep the total weight down of what I tow. I have borrowed trailers to haul my golf cart with this truck the 20 miles one way. I just would like to have my own trailer so that I don't have to borrow one when needed.
Toolmaker Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 08:24 AM   #48
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

If you want to keep the eight down you might want to look into some strips of aluminum about a foot wide instead of heavy wood for the floor. You could bolt it down.

I had a 94 Nissan put a little over 2 hundred K on it. The frame rusted out on me. It still ran great.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 08:41 AM   #49
Toolmaker Bob
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
If you want to keep the eight down you might want to look into some strips of aluminum about a foot wide instead of heavy wood for the floor. You could bolt it down.

I had a 94 Nissan put a little over 2 hundred K on it. The frame rusted out on me. It still ran great.
If I get a trailer I might consider aluminum strips at some point in time. I already have two 2x10x8ft long boards that I use when I borrow a trailer. There are 2 different trailers that I have borrowed. Both trailers have mesh floors so I use those 2 boards under the wheels of the golf cart. Also I need a lightweight trailer because I'll have to maneuver it by hand to get it in my backyard where I will store it.
Toolmaker Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car