lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2017, 10:33 PM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Help with 2005 Carryall 2 electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRC Dave View Post
Sorry for the delayed reply. I am the only Club Car, EZ-GO, Cushman, Taylor-Dunn mechanic where I work. I tried what you suggested and all I got was the motor making a high pitched noise in forward like it wanted to go an do nothing in reverse. I noticed the batteries not holding a charge like I thought they should. I had previously checked the cells with a hydrometer and they are not charging up even though the charger is working. They are 3 years old so they are being replaced. Then I will start over.
Is that what was doing before, I thought it was working on Forward?

The White and the Green wires are the ones connected when the FNR is on Forward, so it could not have changed the behavior of the Forward position by connecting them outside the micro-switch.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2017, 10:16 PM   #12
FRC Dave
Not Yet Wild

Location: I live in Havelock, NC and work aboard MCAS Cherry Point

Been a while but batteries were on back order. Working overtime. I installed new batteries and charged the cart for 6 hours. Now when I put it in forward, you can hear a sound like an old coffee pot steaming coming from the motor and if you push off with your feet, it bucks, then picks up speed. As long as you maintain some speed, it will keep going. Reverse, nothing. I am at a loss here. I have a 1997 manual that has the same set up so I figure the values are the same. Its worth lunch or a donation in your name to this site.....
FRC Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 11:39 PM   #13
FireFighterHill
Getting Wild
Club Car

Have you checked all your wiring and connections? The sound you are hearing could be the sound of arcing wires on a loose connection.
FireFighterHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:12 AM   #14
FRC Dave
Not Yet Wild

Original issue was bucking in reverse. Troubleshot. Bad motor. Replaced the motor and no go at all. Then 270 ohm resistor started burning up. Spoke with Dave Hicks, based on his knowledge, I changed the controller. neither controller nor motor are Curtis/ Club Car. All values are within range of manual I have. I have checked all wires/cables/connections. I even changed out the motor. The only thing I haven't changed is the solenoid. It has already been upgraded to the MCOR IV. I work on a Military Installation and do not have say so where they get the parts.
Old 10-23-2017, 02:06 PM   #15
Raystar57
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRC Dave View Post
Been a while but batteries were on back order. Working overtime. I installed new batteries and charged the cart for 6 hours. Now when I put it in forward, you can hear a sound like an old coffee pot steaming coming from the motor and if you push off with your feet, it bucks, then picks up speed. As long as you maintain some speed, it will keep going. Reverse, nothing. I am at a loss here. I have a 1997 manual that has the same set up so I figure the values are the same. Its worth lunch or a donation in your name to this site.....
Since reverse is not working and you are hearing arcing when in forward I think it has to be in the F/R switch.
This is a series system and high current flow is all through that unit which changes the polarity for F/R.

The resistor burning up is most likely a solenoid issue (contacts not fully closing or damaged)
allowing high current demand to pass through the resistor instead of the solenoid contacts.
You may still have an issue with it even though it is gone now when you changed the controller.

I would inspect that F/R switch as the internal posts wear down and will not make good contact and will cause increased arcing.
I understand you tested it and it appeared to make good contact but under a load condition it can fail.
Raystar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 09:59 PM   #16
FRC Dave
Not Yet Wild

Count 2 bad controllers in a row made by FSIP. The first one had an internal short that was eating he 270 ohm resistor and the second one was what was actually making the hissing sound. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and advice.
V/R,
Dave Shaver
Old 10-23-2017, 11:58 PM   #17
Raystar57
Gone Wild

Club Car

Wow! I know you said you heard the controller hissing but I thought it could have been an echo.

I hope their motors don't hiss!
Raystar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car