lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-25-2017, 01:27 PM   #1
Blue CCar
Not Yet Wild

Default Reverse Buzzer does not work

I have a stock 2004 precedent that the reverse buzzer does not sound. A few times the reverse buzzer would sound after an extended period of time with the cart in reverse (~1-2min) but usually never sounds. In addition, if I manually push the cart to simulate it rolling unintentionally there is no buzzer. I have disconnected the pink and orange/white wires from the reverse buzzer and measured the following voltages:

Voltage between Pack (-) and pink wire @ reverse buzzer: 50.9v
Voltage between Pack (+) and orange/white wire @ reverse buzzer: 0v

I have continuity on the orange/white wire from the reverse buzzer to the 16pin connector @ the controller. The repair manual states if the orange/white wire has continuity, and there is 0v reading then replace the controller. Any idea if there could be other issues with the controller? I would prefer the reverse buzzer to work, but not at the expense of a new controller. Are there any other options/issues I should be looking for? Cart runs fine otherwise.
Blue CCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-25-2017, 01:31 PM   #2
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Reverse Buzzer does not work

If the cart runs fine I would say get another buzzer. Sounds intermittent. Don't think they go bad too often but it probably is
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 01:33 PM   #3
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

You might be right though that if the controller is responsible for the buzzer the component in the controller may not work but still allows normal operation.
Old 10-25-2017, 01:37 PM   #4
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Unless you use the cart at a place where the reverse buzzer is important like a country club or as a security guard I wouldn't care so much about the buzzer. Most people don't pay attention anyway lol. Look, when I backed out of my parking space the other day I had to lay on the horn 3 or 4 times before the guy noticed he was going to hit me.
Old 10-25-2017, 02:01 PM   #5
whit71
Gone Wild

Club Car

"I have continuity on the orange/white wire from the reverse buzzer to the 16pin connector @ the controller. The repair manual states if the orange/white wire has continuity, and there is 0v reading then replace the controller. Any idea if there could be other issues with the controller? I would prefer the reverse buzzer to work, but not at the expense of a new controller. Are there any other options/issues I should be looking for? Cart runs fine otherwise."

Did you put it in reverse when you did this test? If not you are supposed to. The reverse buzzer went out on my 06 Precedent, replaced it and all is good. If the cart is running fine I wouldn't think you have a controller issue.
whit71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 02:48 PM   #6
Blue CCar
Not Yet Wild

The cart was in reverse when performing the test. I agree....you would think if the controller is the culprit I would have bigger issues.
Blue CCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 04:27 PM   #7
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Well one thing is for sure if your cart is operating normally then your controller is not an issue for you
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car