lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2014, 08:41 AM   #11
rickyb+
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2009 RXV will not move

I put cart in run will not move, put cart in tow will not move in all switch positions off, forward ,neutral, reverse. Removing brake is the only way to push cart. Placed my controller in friends cart everything worked fine. Tried his working brake on my cart cart still will not run, tow, move.
rickyb+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2014, 08:56 AM   #12
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

You may have a controller problem. Before i changed controller,i would get codes from
the handheld code scanner/programmer.
Your dealer should show them to you. If repair shop that told you the motor is bad does not have handheld unit, they are guessing.
There are several problems (including throttle and brake pedals) that can cause complete
shut down of rxv's.
Motor problems are not impossible but i would bet the farm the motor is not bad.
motor encoder or other problems like that do not warrant replacement of entire motor
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 09:46 AM   #13
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Sorry did not see that you put your controller in another cart... rules out controller issue.
Still i do not think motor is issue.

Cart does not try to twist motor?
that is important symptom !!!!!
Check the charge port on cart.
if small wire with connector is unplugged or loose cart will not run.
you could put your charge port on friends cart to see if charge port is bad.
(4 torex screws ,1 connector ,two connections to battery pack)
bad (or unplugged) charger port will disable cart.
Controller thinks cart is plugged in--will not drive or release park brake in tow
bad charge ports are not common, but have seen a few.
Old 09-13-2014, 09:58 AM   #14
loneranger404
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Just my two cents here. I have a 08 and mine did the same thing. It has the newer motor break. I went through all the combinations trying to get it to move. Then I went ole school and began tapping on the solenoid and it worked. Part was replace and no issues since.
loneranger404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 10:02 AM   #15
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Sorry i missed that earlier --- lots of distractions here...
Back to the point
I have a stack of motor brakes in the junk pile,a few brake pedals and controllers but
NO RXV motors.
if charge port checks OK-- you need to see code to diagnose.
We buy broken RXV's on the cheap -- and not one has needed controller or motor.
A good repair shop will show the code to you-- (expect to pay for this,but not an unreasonable amount)
Old 09-13-2014, 12:31 PM   #16
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

If you have a Dc/Dc convertor, try unplugging it. I had a bad convertor make a "precharge failed" code on a cart the other day, same symptoms you are describing. Yes, I really just said a dc/dc converter made the car not run. I was trying to figure out why no run, i noticed headlight switch was on, but no lights, "hmm, thats odd", upon further inspection (and $220), found smoke trail exiting convertor.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 04:19 PM   #17
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

cgtech--- great catch--- attention to detail !!!!

-- - i just failed that test by missing clues earlier in this post....
(no twist test & controller swap out).

RXV's are sensitive to stuff "Wired in" to their wiring harness.
Computer checks various circuits and unexpected drain or voltage Can cause errors-
in the case of modified circuits-error code may have no relation to actual problem.

Please check charge port on this cart because charge port failure will
prevent motor/brake "TWIST TEST",Charge port not nearly as expensive as motor.

I believe your original problem with brake moved to another cart with Brake move ?
if so brake is dragging and needs to be replaced.

re check Solonoid--- good idea.

Still don't think motor is bad.

When i hit a dead end, i go back to beginning and re check to see what i missed.

I Will gladly go through troubleshooting with you again.

cgtech-- help keep me on point... i am new to remote diagnosis. And missed some critical clues.
Thank you and good luck with balky cart.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:14 PM   #18
Oswego Bill
Not Yet Wild

Just a quick note: My RXV won't move and I found the grey wire coming out of the controller and it was chewed into, figured out it was a pack rat. They love the color grey!
Oswego Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 10:36 AM   #19
golden_eagle
Not Yet Wild

I have a new to me 2008 with the same issue. Rode fine one day then the next will not move. Turn key to any position and it cycles on and you can feel the cart move slightly. When the accelerator is pressed I can hear the motor sound like it is trying to move the cart, but stays locked in place. Tow mode and N still do not release the brake. Only way I can roll the cart is with the hand lever release on the brake. If i turn the cart on with the lever pulled the cart will jump quite a bit then the buzzer alarm will sound repeatedly. I removed the small wire from the negative terminal as suggested, but problem remains. Also checked the "run plug" hoping for an easy fix, but it is still in place. I ordered a new solenoid that should be here tomorrow. Figured I would try that first since it is only $20. Any ideas on what else I can troubleshoot/test before I drop $200 on a new brake?
golden_eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 11:00 AM   #20
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

With the cart in Tow and the FnR in N, check for voltage at the two wires on top of the brake. If you have voltage, bad brake at least. If not, you have another issue
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO