lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2014, 07:01 AM   #11
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: My cart wont move. Please help with troubleshooting

I believe the FnR switch has stops on it at the correct locations for F and R so the adjustment really is just for cosmetics.. I think.

Anyway, I'm thinking dirty contacts or like was said, little loose. With the cover off you should be able to see the contacts. If they look a little burnt time to clean or replace. When you do get it work drive it around for a while and then look for hot spots..
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2014, 01:29 PM   #12
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
If you get full pack voltage between B- and M- when the solenoid first clicks, slowly push pedal to floor. (Cart on jackstands)

Voltage should smoothly decrease to Zero.

If it does, the motor should be turning or something ought to be getting hot. A lot of amps are going someplace.

If it doesn't, either the controller is not getting the proper signal from the throttle or the controller is bad.
so when putting the dmv + on M- and neg on B- I have pack voltage when pushing the medal til the solenoid clicks BUT when I fully push down the pedal the voltage DOES NOT go down. It holds at pack voltage. So what do I test now? Thanks
cableguy_hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 02:43 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy_hd View Post
pack is now 50.7. indv batts are 8.4-8.3. Went dead again today. I had 50.7 at M- and B- like Johnny said. BUT I moved ( barely hardly at all ) the f/R lever and it moved. So I'm thinking that has gotten out of adjustment. Before I dig into that how does this sound and possibly being the issue?
This right here points to a bad F&R
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 02:59 PM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
so when putting the dmv + on M- and neg on B- I have pack voltage when pushing the medal til the solenoid clicks BUT when I fully push down the pedal the voltage DOES NOT go down. It holds at pack voltage. So what do I test now? Thanks
The Throttle signal to the controller.

You've got a NPX and that came in two pin configurations on top.
If it has a single molex connector, the throttle input is Pins 1 & 2
If it has four separate push-on connectors, the throttle input is pins 2 & 3.

In either case they are the black and the white wires.
Measure the voltage between them while they are connected to the controller.

I'm pretty sure you have an ITS throttle, so when pedal is pushed just far enough for solenoid to click, you should get 10V and when pedal is pushed to floor, it should be 6V.

Also, just to be sure, does the LED flash green four time and then go to steady green when pedal is pushed?

FWIW: In a series cart, the solenoid will click and the reverse beep will sound without the controller being powered up.

------------
Like Scotty said, it still could be the F/R.

Last edited by JohnnieB; 12-07-2014 at 03:01 PM.. Reason: Added comment
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 03:24 PM   #15
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-concerns.html

I went back and read this trying to figure this out. Since the end of Sept. I've had no issues until Nov.16. It ran flawless til then and all day that day ( I had a stew and my daughter was driving relatives around ) and then it stopped for no reason and I pushed it into the shed. I would check from time to time and it still wouldn't move. I made it a point today to look at it. I checked some things then read the old thread linked above. I took the wires off the solenoid and checked them and re installed. Also took the white connector off the controller and just wiggled the wires and then put back on. Pressed the pedal and it moved. The green light blinks 4 times and gets solid. I will say the F/R has been sensitive since I've had it. By that I mean if the handle gets moved in the slightest bit the cart wont move. I'm not doubting what you 2 are telling me I just hate to buy another switch or controller if its just a bad wire somewhere.
Old 12-07-2014, 04:00 PM   #16
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My F/R switch has to be ALL the way in either direction for the cart to move. Has been this way since new. Note: it is not sloppy or loose at all. If it were me, I would make sure it is right before spending any money on expensive parts.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 04:49 PM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-concerns.html

I went back and read this trying to figure this out. Since the end of Sept. I've had no issues until Nov.16. It ran flawless til then and all day that day ( I had a stew and my daughter was driving relatives around ) and then it stopped for no reason and I pushed it into the shed. I would check from time to time and it still wouldn't move. I made it a point today to look at it. I checked some things then read the old thread linked above. I took the wires off the solenoid and checked them and re installed. Also took the white connector off the controller and just wiggled the wires and then put back on. Pressed the pedal and it moved. The green light blinks 4 times and gets solid. I will say the F/R has been sensitive since I've had it. By that I mean if the handle gets moved in the slightest bit the cart wont move. I'm not doubting what you 2 are telling me I just hate to buy another switch or controller if its just a bad wire somewhere.
What controller do you have, the one with four separate pins or the one with a single white connector? (See attached picture) The pins numbers are not the same and I may have given you some bad information in the thread you gave the link to.

----------
Being so sensitive that you have to get the position just right, doesn't sound right.

As I mentioned over there, I'm a sepex guy, but I understand the F/R switch in a series cart can cause some strange problems in it isn't adjusted right or the lever arm attached to it is installed below the shaft instead of above it (or maybe it is the other way around.)

The high current contacts could be making just enough contact to pass the smidgen of current the voltmeter needs, but not enough to move the cart.

----------
My goal is to help you find and fix whatever is wrong with the cart, and I don't believe in replacing parts that don't need to be replaced.

If I cannot find out what is wrong specifically, then I try to eliminate everything is right until only one thing is left and then recommend replacing that item.

Hopefully it is only a bad wire someplace.
Attached Images
File Type: gif NPX-EZGo-Wire-Diagram2.gif (47.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 06:35 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If you are moving the F&R handle even slightly to get it to go the problem is likely the high amperage contacts within the F&R switch.
1st try tightening the F&R center pivot shaft nut (9/16) on the rear side of the switch...... to check for a linkage adjustment problem remove the linkage and shift lock to lock (stop to stop) with the 9/16 wrench on the front end of the shaft... if the cart runs reliably with the wrench shifting your linkage is misadjusted and that may be the cause.
If the cart continues to be temperamental with the linkage removed and the wrench shifting then the high amp contacts may be the trouble and a new HD F&R will fix the issue.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 06:57 PM   #19
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
What controller do you have, the one with four separate pins or the one with a single white connector? (See attached picture) The pins numbers are not the same and I may have given you some bad information in the thread you gave the link to.

----------
Being so sensitive that you have to get the position just right, doesn't sound right.

As I mentioned over there, I'm a sepex guy, but I understand the F/R switch in a series cart can cause some strange problems in it isn't adjusted right or the lever arm attached to it is installed below the shaft instead of above it (or maybe it is the other way around.)

The high current contacts could be making just enough contact to pass the smidgen of current the voltmeter needs, but not enough to move the cart.

----------
My goal is to help you find and fix whatever is wrong with the cart, and I don't believe in replacing parts that don't need to be replaced.

If I cannot find out what is wrong specifically, then I try to eliminate everything is right until only one thing is left and then recommend replacing that item.

Hopefully it is only a bad wire someplace.
top pic is what I have. 1 big connector with wires going into it.
Old 12-07-2014, 06:57 PM   #20
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
If you are moving the F&R handle even slightly to get it to go the problem is likely the high amperage contacts within the F&R switch.
1st try tightening the F&R center pivot shaft nut (9/16) on the rear side of the switch...... to check for a linkage adjustment problem remove the linkage and shift lock to lock (stop to stop) with the 9/16 wrench on the front end of the shaft... if the cart runs reliably with the wrench shifting your linkage is misadjusted and that may be the cause.
If the cart continues to be temperamental with the linkage removed and the wrench shifting then the high amp contacts may be the trouble and a new HD F&R will fix the issue.
will do
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO