lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-14-2018, 02:46 AM   #31
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: I got a new handheld programmer--questions for bob boyce

When I started in computers, they took up buildings and had vacuum tubes. You entered code by setting address and data in rows of toggle switches then pressing a momentary switch to set the data into that address. I have XP and Win7 netbooks and laptops now. All of my desktops are packed away because I prefer lower powered computers now. The less power I use on a daily basis, is less power that I need to supply.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-14-2018, 03:19 AM   #32
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Punch cards were dying while I was in college. No access before then for a young'un like me.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 05:09 AM   #33
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

In a typical grey box in Linux (cannot remember the variety, was a desktop environment/shell)

"Cannot stop program - this program cannot be stopped"

No cancel button, nothing.... Programs gone wild?

And I sure wish I hadn't thrown out the last 2 IBM XT machines during a move, those things actually sell last time I looked. I really miss the power of the command line in more "modern" computers since the "terminal" is now just a joke (for the crowd who lived DOS). I was mad when 3m came out wit those strips and took Command.com. how dare they!
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 05:22 AM   #34
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Most youngsters don't even know that the command prompt even exists, much less how to ask what all the switches are "dir /?".

I love Unix and "man". VMS, not so much. I learned Linux later. I used Red Hat for a while, then Ubuntu.

I used to know quite a bit of ASCII. Now, about all I remember is how to type 100°.

I used to like to search for BBSs, Usenet, and IRC. Dial up to a random mainframe using VT-100 terminal emulator.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:33 AM   #35
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Most youngsters don't even know that the command prompt even exists, much less how to ask what all the switches are "dir /?".
Am I showing my age understanding everything that has been said in these later threads?
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 05:50 AM   #36
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I'm just glad the OP has joined in on our drifting slightly off topic.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:53 AM   #37
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

You can still get some humor out of linux if you enable insults in some file, so when you enter your password wrong it has snide remarks instead of just saying login: incorrect password.

Dir? Get off DOS man, it is: ls *

One funny error from UNIX where a daemon refused to shut down or kept going infinitely was:

The running master will not die

I wish i could somehow recreate that one moment from Jurassic Park where trying to do admin level tasks without root access would, after three fails would pop up an animated GIF of Nedry going ah ah ah! you didnt say the magic word!
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 03:33 PM   #38
Broadwater
Not Yet Wild

Hey Bob, Nick: I've got a 2022 S4 Express 72v. I was hoping to do some minor modifications/tinkering. I've got a programming background and can build cables fairly easily. Best I can tell, I've got a curtis 350 controller (see photo.)

Is there some laptop software I can USB in with (usb-to-molex?) or will I need a specific Serial connector for this controller? I could build a FTDI USB to molex pretty easily. Also, where can I come by the laptop software?

I'm an owner of a powersports dealership (Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawi, etc.) so flashing and modding aren't new to me, but we're not a golf cart dealer. Appreciate any direction or insight (or post IDs if this has been covered elsewhere and I simply missed it.). Thanks again!
Broadwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO