lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2009, 09:19 PM   #1
rodallen
Not Yet Wild

Default FUSE Location club car precedent 2004

As the title says ,were are the fuses located on the 2004 club car precedent.I arked a couple of wires.I want to see if I blew the fuse.Where do you get the fuses from ?
rodallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2009, 02:40 AM   #2
rodallen
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: FUSE Location club car precedent 2004

Thanks found it
rodallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:53 PM   #3
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodallen View Post
As the title says ,were are the fuses located on the 2004 club car precedent.I arked a couple of wires.I want to see if I blew the fuse.Where do you get the fuses from ?
For anyone else in the future looking for the fuses see the 2 BLACK plastic fuse holders with a support hole extention molded to it. They are located in the center of the picture attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0876.jpg (84.9 KB, 111 views)
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 03:40 PM   #4
zolmo
Not Yet Wild

I have a Precedent that's about an '05, but just had six new 8v batts and the most recent mod/upgrade to the computer. I just blew the fuse installing new lights and can't find it. My wiring does not look like the picture shown. It is very neat and just has a wiring harness going into the brain-module...that I don't want to open (it's also a bit hard to access and ain't for end-users). WHERE IS DE FUSE ????
zolmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 05:24 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

zolmo, i,m not trying to be smart but if you can,t find the fuse how do you know you blew one? did you not disconnect power and something arched?...............
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 05:56 PM   #6
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by zolmo View Post
I have a Precedent that's about an '05, but just had six new 8v batts and the most recent mod/upgrade to the computer. I just blew the fuse installing new lights and can't find it. My wiring does not look like the picture shown. It is very neat and just has a wiring harness going into the brain-module...that I don't want to open (it's also a bit hard to access and ain't for end-users). WHERE IS DE FUSE ????
Welcome to BGW

Do you have a reducer?

If not, do you have a Blue wire like the one shown in the picture somewhere under the seat? Your fuse will be attached to it.

The #12 blue wire is attached to the fuse insert that is secured to the light wire harness. The #12 blue wire is located close to the first tie wrap used to secure the light wire harness to the main wire harness in the center of the battery bucket.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 05:59 PM   #7
zolmo
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for your reply. I don't take your response as "smart" at all. I appreciate your response. I hooked-up my new lights bas-ackwards...saw it and confirmed it by putting the last two together and it went ... buzzzz. Dummy me. I've now checked the light switch and it ain't blown. I knocked out a bunch of clearance lights that I'd installed and don't think that I blew them all at once. Nope. There is a fuse somewhere. I'd unhooked the big, diffused, low light a long time ago. I blew a fuse. But don't know where to look. I assume that it is in the (fairly) sealed computer/heart of it all. Thanks for your reply.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:16 PM   #8
zolmo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
Welcome to BGW

Do you have a reducer?

If not, do you have a Blue wire like the one shown in the picture somewhere under the seat? Your fuse will be attached to it.

The #12 blue wire is attached to the fuse insert that is secured to the light wire harness. The #12 blue wire is located close to the first tie wrap used to secure the light wire harness to the main wire harness in the center of the battery bucket.
Thank you. I will look further tomorrow. That is where I looked and it is undoubtedly a bit hidden. The blue wire off of the batts goes into a harness and becomes hidden, but, of course, with effort, if that is the path, I can/will follow it. Thanks for your help.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:33 PM   #9
zolmo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
zolmo, i,m not trying to be smart but if you can,t find the fuse how do you know you blew one? did you not disconnect power and something arched?...............
Yes. I noticed that I'd hooked-up the last wires backwards... and then touched the last two together to see if it sparked... DUHHHH ! I was right ! I'd done it backwards. I was right. I'm a genius ! It all went dark. I blew a fuse. I checked the light switch and it's not a problem. I assume that ClubCar did the smart thing (which I didn't do) and installed a fuse somewhere in the original light circuit.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:14 PM   #10
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

it should be somewhere where you can see it......it won,t be in the computer or controller but somewhere along the wire loom it should be......................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car