lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2019, 06:39 PM   #1
sahkanaga
Not Yet Wild

Default FNR switch terminal orientation

I just got my Alltrax 48300 controller today and am in the midst of wiring the whole cart since there was no controller in my early 1994 Marathon and none of the wires were labelled. One thing that is confusing is that the wiring diagram from Alltrax shows the terminals A,B,C,D in a clockwise direction with A at the bottom and the wiring diagram from the EZGO manual shows the terminals in a clockwise direction with A at the top. Neither diagram says whether the switch is viewed from the front or rear. I can't see any terminal identification on the switch itself. I've searched the posts and found lots of info on how to wire the switch if I just knew which terminals were which.
sahkanaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2019, 08:05 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: FNR switch terminal orientation

with the switch installed.....the posts are on the back side. it is labeled as you are looking at it as you are stand at the back of the cart facing forward..

using the Alltrax diagram

1. A at the bottom (6 o'clock position) and the cable comes from the B+ to that connection.
2. B at the 9 o'clock position, cable comes from the S1 connection of the motor to that connection.
3. C is at the 12 o'clock position, cable comes from the A2 connection of the motor to that connection.
4. D is at the 3 o'clock position, cable comes from the S2 connection of the motor to that connection.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 08:14 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The F/R switch assembly is top mounted in Marathons and bottom mounted in Medalist and TXT cart. The A stud is the one closest to the mounting flange. (i.e., top on Marathons and bottom on Medalist/TXT). Same switch is used, just the mounting orientation is different.

Looking towards the front of cart from inside the battery compartment, you'll see the four studs the cables attach to and the studs are labeled A, B, C, & D going CW. You have a Marathon, so A is the top stud.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 09:18 PM   #4
sahkanaga
Not Yet Wild

My Alltrax diagram for the pre-1994.5 Marathon shows the following:
A connects to the motor A2 terminal
B connects to the motor S1 terminal
C connects to the Alltrax M- terminal
D connects to the motor A1 terminal
Is this correct?
sahkanaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO