lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2022, 01:33 PM   #11
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2009 RXV Power/Battery Issue Questions

When you do a load test, you will probably see the problem. Batteries only last for so long (unfortunately)
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2022, 09:01 PM   #12
Firefighter901
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
Yes, with the rest time, you should get still the same result... enclosed a Trojan battery chart for information.

Wife drove the cart a little tonight before I made it home to test the batteries again, but thankfully didn’t plug the charger in, so still got a good rest period. Still showing around 12.7 to 12.8 per battery. Hoping to have time to get a load test done tomorrow.
Firefighter901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 04:41 PM   #13
Firefighter901
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Brad View Post
When you do a load test, you will probably see the problem. Batteries only last for so long (unfortunately)
So, did a load test on the entire pack and each individual battery. Never dropped below 49 for the pack and 12.1 for each individual one. Makes me think the batteries still have life to them, but can’t wrap my mind around what it could be then. New 2 gauge cables will be here Thursday. Better charger here tomorrow.

Only other thing I could imagine would be the controller, but would rather not have to replace that if not absolutely necessary. Would swap to a navitas if I did though.
Old 05-24-2022, 07:13 PM   #14
cartdoc1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I'm still leaning towards a battery issue. The SOC meter reading is not a result of the battery voltage, it is a estimated guess from the controller on how much charge is left based on starting voltage, run time and possibly some other calculations. It's similar to the distance until empty or miles remaining on newer cars. There is a reset procedure for the controller, I'll see if I can find it and post it here. Charge the pack fully, let it sit at least 12 hours then complete the reset.
cartdoc1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 07:50 PM   #15
Firefighter901
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartdoc1969 View Post
I'm still leaning towards a battery issue. The SOC meter reading is not a result of the battery voltage, it is a estimated guess from the controller on how much charge is left based on starting voltage, run time and possibly some other calculations. It's similar to the distance until empty or miles remaining on newer cars. There is a reset procedure for the controller, I'll see if I can find it and post it here. Charge the pack fully, let it sit at least 12 hours then complete the reset.
Thank you! I’d definitely like to see that reset procedure. I’d like to explore all options I can before dropping a lot of money on batteries and/or a controller
Old 05-24-2022, 07:58 PM   #16
SBIRD!
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

OP I'm just guessing but my cart had similar issues, running slow, aftermarket gauge acting weird. Problem was in the pin connector block. A few of the pins and female receivers had some corrosion. Two screws hold the block down if you want to take it out for a closer look. Put some kind of marker on it so you get it back together right.KIMG0912.jpg

KIMG0913.jpg
SBIRD! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 08:26 PM   #17
Firefighter901
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBIRD! View Post
OP I'm just guessing but my cart had similar issues, running slow, aftermarket gauge acting weird. Problem was in the pin connector block. A few of the pins and female receivers had some corrosion. Two screws hold the block down if you want to take it out for a closer look. Put some kind of marker on it so you get it back together right.Attachment 229860

Attachment 229861
So, my gauge is the factory one. I’m thinking about replacing with an aftermarket so I can see the actual voltage vs just the needle showing an estimate.
Old 05-24-2022, 08:47 PM   #18
SBIRD!
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter901 View Post
So, my gauge is the factory one. I’m thinking about replacing with an aftermarket so I can see the actual voltage vs just the needle showing an estimate.
The aftermarket one I have is cool looking but still works on an estimate. I put a voltmeter in the cup holder up high wired strait to the batteries, the two never match.
SBIRD! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 09:36 PM   #19
Firefighter901
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBIRD! View Post
The aftermarket one I have is cool looking but still works on an estimate. I put a voltmeter in the cup holder up high wired strait to the batteries, the two never match.
Yeah, I like the look of that aftermarket one, but maybe a good voltmeter straight to the batteries would be better. Would tell a lot more about the batteries than the other one for sure. I appreciate the advice.
Old 05-25-2022, 04:09 AM   #20
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

This is the Voltage Meter I put on my RXV when I had it. Not cheap but will last a very long time. Probably longer than you will have the cart. I put one on my 2Five also when I got it. Murata Power Solutions DMR20-10-DCM Digital Voltage Meter.
These wires run straight to the battery pack, and I put a .250amp fuse on the positive cable to protect it.
Second picture is of the 2Five. Sorry but my picture of the 2Five isn't sideways. I don't know why it is here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DC Model DMR20 10 DCM.JPG (151.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2FIVESOCMeter.jpg (297.3 KB, 0 views)
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO