lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2008, 08:38 AM   #11
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Taylor Dunn controler rebuild

I wouldn't say it is "Easy" but it should be a straight forward conversion. The hardest part will be figuring out how to mount the PB-6 throttle pot and hooking up any linkage you may need....the next will be mounting the controller and then wiring it all up.

Once you figure out what controller you want to get let me know and I can throw a wiring diagram together for you. There are some generic series diagrams on the forum but the kelly has a different throttle pinout that the others....same for the alltrax and the rest. They all have a little different connections.

Do yourself a favor and get a "REAL" PB-6 from curtis. Don't get a chinese unit. The chinese units are IMO junk.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-05-2008, 03:47 PM   #12
ogre'sdad
Getting Wild
Taylor-Dunn

Gotta agree with Roady, gut that puppy and go. My offer to try to rebuild the original still stands as I'm going to be laid up for a few weeks (new knee) and will probaly need some nut & bolt therapy.
ogre'sdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:45 PM   #13
Random Acts
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre'sdad View Post
Gotta agree with Roady, gut that puppy and go. My offer to try to rebuild the original still stands as I'm going to be laid up for a few weeks (new knee) and will probaly need some nut & bolt therapy.
Hi Ogre'sdad,

I miss-understood your original post. I did not pick up on the fact that you were interested in attempting the rebuild. I thought you were stating you were envious of the rebuild that I should do. I would like to have you see what you can do. I know this is an old weird controller so there are no guaranties, but I think I will have only the one chance to have it fixed old school, if need be, in the near or far future I can modernize the electronics. So let’s talk about how you would like to get paid and such.

A couple guys I work with got a new knee last year. Both right around the same time. They hobbled around for the first couple of weeks but now they are good to go. One guys jogs and plays basketball. Both guys say the whole shebang was less painful then the time they spent before the surgery living with a bum knee.

I hope yours goes well also,

PM me and we will talk money
Random Acts is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts