lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2020, 10:41 AM   #61
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Navitas ac conversion kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubzga View Post
Last I heard he hit 88 mph at which point the flux capacitor kicked in and he was accidentally transported back to 1955
Great Scott!
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2020, 11:20 AM   #62
Dragracer_Art
Gone Wild

Club Car

1.21 gigawatts !
Dragracer_Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 01:42 PM   #63
SakDaddy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by alangsam View Post
I bought the navitas AC kit which included the 600amp controller,5kw motor OTF programmer and install kit for a CC Precedent Iinstalled it today in several hours in a 2018 Club car precedent stretch with 18” tires, good batteries and an upgraded 400 amp solenoid.

I previously had the Alltrax 400 controller and FSIP speed motor. This combo gave me 28mph with better torque than stock.

The AC system is simply incredible. The torque from 0-20mph is head snapping the cart gets to 31mph on flat ground very quickly.
The quality of the kit is excellent and installation was straightforward. They give you a predrilled aluminum mounting plate that screw the the place where your stock Curtis or alltrax was installed. You then screw the navitas controller to the plate. IMO easier than mounting the alltrax and essentially ties the heat sink to the aluminum mounting plate of the cart.
The programming is done via a Bluetooth app from the App Store. The app includes a dashboard for speed motor temp throttle position controller temp and the ability to lock the cart remotely. This blows away the usb printer cable you need to connect to a laptop with the alltrax. Now when I first fired it up it wouldn’t go last 25mph so I emailed the navitas support line this evening (thanksgiving. ). I got an email in minutes asking me for my email address and if it was iOS or Android. They then sent me a link for what they call a dealer app that unlocks higher speeds and the granular fine tuning you get with alltrax but via Bluetooth which is light years ahead. When I needed a new motor map from alltrax I had to call them and the only tech they have was off that day. I know everyone loves alltrax but my experience so far is navitas support was impressive.
Now for the price difference. Golf cart gurus sells the kit for 1799 however if you ask he will discount to 1699 no tax free shipping. I got it in one day. Impressive since the motor along weighs 72 pounds! I had spent close to 1000 for the alltrax plus fan plus the fsip motor and tax and shipping.
I am now selling my alltrax and fsip on eBay.
Guys there is a reason all of the electric cars on the road use AC not DC motors. Yes they cost more but if you have the finds I wouldn’t wast my time with DC anymore

The controller by the way can handle up to 72 volts. I can’t imagine the speed potential as the motor is rated up to 9000 rpm!!
I contacted Navitas as well and gave them the email for my account and they told me they set me up for “Dealer Access”. But my question to you is did you receive a link for a totally different app or is the same dashboard app? I’ve only seen one Navitas app in the Apple App Store. Just want to make sure I’m not missing anything.

Thanks!
SakDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 08:34 AM   #64
lexingtoncart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

They will send a link to your itunes email address. It will take you to an AppStore shell installer that will then allow you to install the Navitas Dealer/Tech App. I have it installed, but don't have my battery yet to try it out! Good luck
lexingtoncart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 10:56 PM   #65
Tikibuilt
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Any updates on this, did you try it or has anyone else?
I'm about to pull the trigger on the kit myself.
Tikibuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 04:52 PM   #66
dougrobling
Getting Wild
Club Car

I installed the kit in my cart (and then 6 neighbors carts as soon as they saw how mine ran)
We have all emailed them for the Dealer APP and received a link form tham that allows you to install it...... Nothing to it.
dougrobling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 06:05 PM   #67
ccpro
Not Yet Wild

Great post and responses. I'm considering this knowing I'll never get it the $$ back. Or I go with D&D high speed/torque 11.5hp, Alltrax 600, etc?
ccpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 06:05 PM   #68
ONEDAY
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexingtoncart View Post
They will send a link to your itunes email address. It will take you to an AppStore shell installer that will then allow you to install the Navitas Dealer/Tech App. I have it installed, but don't have my battery yet to try it out! Good luck
Who sends you the link? I know this is an old post
ONEDAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 11:07 AM   #69
ProfessorGT
Not Yet Wild

Navitas will. You register an account with them and tehn you connect to the controller and do the deal. Go on the Navitas web site and review the documentation. It's all spelled out clearly.
ProfessorGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 12:35 PM   #70
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

For a wealth of information on AC systems, visit Golf Carts Modified on Facebook group.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car