lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2020, 02:15 PM   #1
pmcall57
Not Yet Wild

Default Precedent platform dimensions

Hello, can anyone please tell me the width and length of the Club Car Precedent golf cart platform as shown by the arrows in this photograph? I've tried to find this info on my own but have not succeeded.

I'm trying to evaluate which cart will work for a project to accommodate my wheelchair-using husband.

Thank you in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg precedent dimensions.jpg (21.0 KB, 0 views)
pmcall57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-16-2020, 04:15 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent platform dimensions

Dunno what the measurement is there, but under the seat is all batteries on these, so you would need somewhere to relocate the batteries if you were to fit a wheelchair in that area.
I have seen some carts with a chair ramp on the back, where the person gets off the chair and sits on the front seat, and then the chair is rolled onto the ramp on the back for transport.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 04:29 PM   #3
pmcall57
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I'm aware of where the batteries go. My plan is to replace them with a lighter weight lithium pack and relocate them above the motor, to free up the floor space and avoid having to stretch the cart as is usually done for wheelchair users. (Transferring to the front seat is not an option in this particular case.)

I've done a ton of research and have a clear plan, just need this measurement. If nobody knows off-hand, I'll go to a dealer when I have a chance and measure it myself. Just trying to get some homework done first. Thanks again.

Last edited by pmcall57; 02-16-2020 at 04:30 PM.. Reason: clarify
Old 02-16-2020, 04:31 PM   #4
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Other questions that might help, Will your hubby be transferring from wheel chair to cart ? will the cart need a ramp? Will he be passenger or driver, or sometimes either? There are some examples on goggle images, quite a variety of ways it’s been done. Some for golfing, some for institutional applications.
Let us know how it proceeds !
jclark138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 07:05 PM   #5
pmcall57
Not Yet Wild

Not transferring. He is the only driver and only user. Yes, a ramp with a linear actuator that I've already designed and spec'd. I really just need the dimension I asked about, although I appreciate the interest I don't have time to describe everything. If I could delete this thread, I would ... maybe an admin can do that.
Old 02-16-2020, 09:35 PM   #6
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Don't be offended but I would guess you would have 34 inches each way. That cart has the battery tub off and we are used to seeing a cart with the tub off other than the guys who modifie them to stretch etc.

I would like to see a photo of your finished project if you find the right cart to use. The older I get the more things like this interest me. I'm assuming the controls will be on the stearing column. Or maybe a joy stick like control best of success to you both.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car