lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2020, 11:19 PM   #1
PearlPack
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default bypass my OBC correctly

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Yes, you are 100% there. It will definitely work now and charge exactly right...

P.S. Never waste the money on those kits. For your style cart, on the back of the charge receptacle run the black wire to the main pack Neg, roll up the grey wire and secure it (to save for an interlock one day if needed) and then connect the Blue and White wires together from the carts harness side OBC connector and you are ready for your smart or automated charger and/or OBC removal.
Where is "the harness side?" I've read this entire thread and want to bypass my OBC correctly but this has me for a loop. Is there a pic?
PearlPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-10-2020, 07:45 AM   #2
PearlPack
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: OBC Bypassing

More info to go with the question above...sorry for the double post.

I have a 2012 PH Club Car Precedent. I just ordered the Allied Lithium batteries and their charger which means I must bypass or remove the OBC.

I've also ordered 2 guage wires from one of the site's sponsors...so I'm also intrigued about just removing it.

1) If I bypass it, which two blue/white wires do I splice? The ones from the OBC to the plug OR the ones on the other side of the plug? I'm confused.

2) If I decide to remove it altogether, is that better so I can use the 2g wires I have on order? If so, I'm not sure I'm clear on how to do that.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:56 AM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Why confused? placing jumpers on the OBC plug and then removing the OBC would not do any good.

The jumpers between Blue and White wires must be on the plug that is on the cart "harness side".

Just remove the entire OBC so You can run a straight 2ga cable from pack negative to Controller B-.

Do not connect the gray from the charger receptacle to anything, that will prevent a regular power-drive 3 charger from operating.

The negative 10ga wire from the charger receptacle is connected to the OBC with a single pin connector, just unplug that connection from the OBC and extend the wire to the Controller B-.

The existing 10ga black negative output wire from the OBC is crimped together with the existing 6ga pack negative cable at the Controller B-.

Just disconnect that 6ga cable from the Controller since you are replacing it with a 2ga.

That is it.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 09:21 AM   #4
PearlPack
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Why confused? placing jumpers on the OBC plug and then removing the OBC would not do any good.

The jumpers between Blue and White wires must be on the plug that is on the cart "harness side".

Just remove the entire OBC so You can run a straight 2ga cable from pack negative to Controller B-.

Do not connect the gray from the charger receptacle to anything, that will prevent a regular power-drive 3 charger from operating.

The negative 10ga wire from the charger receptacle is connected to the OBC with a single pin connector, just unplug that connection from the OBC and extend the wire to the Controller B-.

The existing 10ga black negative output wire from the OBC is crimped together with the existing 6ga pack negative cable at the Controller B-.

Just disconnect that 6ga cable from the Controller since you are replacing it with a 2ga.

That is it.
Thank you! Sounds like I will be removing the OBC once everything arrives!
Old 02-16-2020, 02:48 PM   #5
PearlPack
Getting Wild
Club Car

Well....i did everything i thought was right and it wont run. The lithium batteries are installed and while the lights, turn signals and horn works....it wont go. Backup buzzer wont work either. Where should i start?

I put my 2g cables on just as the instructions showed.

I removed the OBC and ran the 10g wire to the B- with the 2g negative.

I have a stock controller (for now).
Old 02-16-2020, 04:43 PM   #6
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Check the 15a fuse near the controller first...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 04:56 PM   #7
PearlPack
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin-on View Post
Check the 15a fuse near the controller first...
Where is that?

Edit: found it and it's good
Old 02-16-2020, 07:18 PM   #8
PearlPack
Getting Wild
Club Car

Any help would be appreciated....I'm going to drive myself to drinking if I don't get this figured out.
Old 02-16-2020, 08:19 PM   #9
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

There is no jumper on the harness OBC connector.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 08:35 PM   #10
PearlPack
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
There is no jumper on the harness OBC connector.
Sorry..I'm not familar ...where is the jumper?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car