lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2020, 07:54 AM   #1
huntingcart2393
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Dash mounted FNR switch?

Has anyone mounted there FNR switch in the dash for a club car? If so how do you like it vs being by your leg? Pictures would be awesome as well! I feel that it’ll be more accessible especially if you have a passenger on board!
huntingcart2393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-27-2020, 08:33 AM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Dash mounted FNR switch?

It is doable. Do you have a series or Sepex cart? If it’s a Sepex, it’s just a matter of extending the wires and moving the switch. For a series drive, you’ll need a reversing contractor.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 08:37 AM   #3
huntingcart2393
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
It is doable. Do you have a series or Sepex cart? If it’s a Sepex, it’s just a matter of extending the wires and moving the switch. For a series drive, you’ll need a reversing contractor.
It’s a series but already have the reverse contractor. Everything is already installed but I can easily extend the wires for dash mount. Just curious to how people like the dash mounted switch before I decide.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:39 AM   #4
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

I personally like it underneath, but it’s all preference. All the ezgo PDS carts have it in the dash, so both setups are common.
Old 02-27-2020, 09:48 AM   #5
huntingcart2393
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
I personally like it underneath, but it’s all preference. All the ezgo PDS carts have it in the dash, so both setups are common.
I have limited use of my right arm so I would be using my left hand to use the switch. I’m thinking it may be easier to use the dash position. Might get tired or leaning forward though. Lol
Old 02-27-2020, 10:02 AM   #6
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingcart2393 View Post
I have limited use of my right arm so I would be using my left hand to use the switch. I’m thinking it may be easier to use the dash position. Might get tired or leaning forward though. Lol

Good idea [emoji1303]
Old 02-27-2020, 10:14 AM   #7
Dragracer_Art
Gone Wild

Club Car

There's no reason you couldnt use a turn signal switch as a directional switch mounted on the steering column.

Our fleet of Toyota forklifts use a directional fwd/rev lever on the left side of the column.
Some use a mono-pedal like a Hyster, but I prefer it mounted up high near the steering wheel.

If I ever decide to move mine from the stock CC location... it's going on the steering column where it's easy to reach.
Dragracer_Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 03:41 PM   #8
huntingcart2393
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragracer_Art View Post
There's no reason you couldnt use a turn signal switch as a directional switch mounted on the steering column.

Our fleet of Toyota forklifts use a directional fwd/rev lever on the left side of the column.
Some use a mono-pedal like a Hyster, but I prefer it mounted up high near the steering wheel.

If I ever decide to move mine from the stock CC location... it's going on the steering column where it's easy to reach.
That would actually be perfect! Would the turn signal switch plug right in?
Old 02-27-2020, 03:47 PM   #9
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragracer_Art View Post

we have mostly Toyota forks and 2 Hysters on lease …..much prefer the Hysters….everytime I get to an intersection on the Toyota , my reflexes take over and I hit it like a turn signal ….which throws it in reverse...if it were on the right side it would be ok me thinks....
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 03:56 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Since the right arm is partially disabled why not just move the switch to the left outside of the seat pod where your left hand naturally falls ?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car