lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2020, 12:34 PM   #1
Matt01
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Excel CC goes into "Limp Home" all the time??

Hello Guys, thanks in advance for any help.

Serial Number PH-1102-166360

My Club Car works fine when at full throttle but as soon as you release pedal to go slower than full throttle the cart slow down and then will only go back up to about 8mph thereafter.

I can "reset" this by turning key to off, flip to Tow/haul mode then back to regular drive, key back on then cart goes up to normal speed (16-20mph ish) until you reduce below full throttle then it will trip again again and only get to the limp home speed.

I have replaced the speed sensor (and magnet) several times thinking this was the prob but just realized the ones i was buying were for the IQ and i have the Excel. ordered and installed one for the excel and does not solve prob.

any idea what i can do to resolve this?

thanks again
Matt
Matt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2020, 02:14 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: Excel CC goes into "Limp Home" all the time??

Welded solenoid??
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 02:16 PM   #3
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

It could be the solenoid welded shut. Remove one lead off of the solenoid big terminals. Measure between the two big terminals and you should read open or OL on your multimeter. If you read 0 replace the solenoid.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 12:31 PM   #4
Bitm
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys, it def was the solenoid, one whole terminal melter (see pic). Replaced it and the cart ran fine for a few days but yesterday just stopped moving forward... reverse ok but forward does not work

I’m worried I have fried my controller. Thoughts?

Also in the pic you can the melted solenoid burnt 2 wires... the yellow wire that went from solenoid post to the controller. And the black wire that had a white plastic coupler was close enough to melt too... what are they called and how can I replace them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bitm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 12:33 PM   #5
Bitm
Not Yet Wild

I’m thinking I may have burned up my controller and they look pretty expensive, thinking I should go with the 400alltrax upgrade from Scottyb, would this include new versions of the burnt wires above or do I still need to get new ones?

Old 03-30-2020, 12:38 PM   #6
Bitm
Not Yet Wild

A better pic with the 2 damaged wires pictured, any help identifying the correct replacement is appreciated

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car