lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2020, 05:58 PM   #1
anziosaint
Gone Wild

Default Battery shelf life???

I bought a DS two years ago from a guy who was given the cart by a friend who said it just needed batteries. So the guy goes and buys brand new US batteries ( BTW it’s a 48v series cart) long story short he puts in the batteries and can’t get it going. He doesn’t want to mess with it and sells it to me for what he had in the batteries. I got it running for pennies and it has sat. I have made sure that the batteries have been charged, and water level was ok. The batteries literally may have an hour of run time on them at the most if even that. They seem to run fine too. Question: should I look at these as “new” batteries or two year old batteries since they have basically been “on the shelf” for a couple of years?

Reason I ask is because I have a brand new set of Crown 165ah batteries and was thinking about putting them in the cart to replace the 170ah US batteries that are two years old for selling purposes, but I won’t if the US’s are still gonna function like darn near new. What do you guys think?
anziosaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-26-2020, 06:05 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery shelf life???

Think of them as 3 year old batteries that have have probably lost some of their capacity to fully charge and discharge.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 06:16 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

i don't think you can go wrong either way. You will get more for it with new batteries and you still have a good set. Or you can sell it as is and still have a new set.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:12 PM   #4
anziosaint
Gone Wild

Scotty, 3 years old? Wow I didn’t expect to hear that! That stinks. Should’ve offloaded the cart sooner but life got in the way. Oh well. I’ll throw the new set in the cart for sale and save this set for another flip with shot batteries.
anziosaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car