lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2020, 11:12 AM   #1
baydoe
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default another... speed question (sorry)

Was doing some searching, but couldn't really find what i was looking for. So sorry for yet again another question about speed on here.

I installed a 400amp alltrax, bigger solenoid, 2ga cables. Cart is dong 23-24mph on a flat surface which i'm happy about. But being i have everything upgraded. For the price of the bandit i thought it would be a cheap drop in and be done upgrade. Looking on there site though, the estimated speeds are the same as i'm getting now, but i'm guessing thats using the stock speed controller.

So if i did the bandit upgrade, what kinda speeds should i expect to get with all my other upgrades?

Thanks!
baydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-31-2020, 01:24 PM   #2
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: another... speed question (sorry)

I’m not familiar with the bandit specs and it probably depends on series vs sepex. Go look what the max rpm’s on the motor are then you can figure out max speed and if you hitting it. My guess is you have a series motor and that’s about what your gonna get.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 03:48 PM   #3
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Putting a Alltrax on a stock motor (which a Bandit is) is like putting a four barrel on a 4 cylinder engine. You need horsepower!
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 07:54 PM   #4
Fireball9298
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

What is blowing my mind is right on the plum quick website, it shows field map settings for the alltrax controller where it states top expected speed for bandit is 27mph, WITH THE CONTROLLER. But if you go the the bandit motor page on their website where all stock components are assumed it says 26-28mph expected for the PH bandit motor, which is what I have.

"Bandit PH upgraded Club Car 48 volt IQ AMD brand motor for Excel controller (gray or white controllers) carts, speed around 26 – 28 mph (estimated) with all stock components and that annoying regen braking is disabled."

https://plumquick.com/alltrax-xct-field-map-settings/

Now look at what is says in the chart for the bandit with an aftermarket controller. WTF? RIGHT?
Fireball9298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:03 PM   #5
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Everything Plum Quick says is true if you live in an area w/o any hills like Florida.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:45 PM   #6
Fireball9298
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
Everything Plum Quick says is true if you live in an area w/o any hills like Florida.
That makes no sense that the bandit is faster with stock components and slower with the Alltrax and supporting hardware
Old 04-01-2020, 01:12 AM   #7
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
That makes no sense that the bandit is faster with stock components and slower with the Alltrax and supporting hardware
You still haven't' posted any screenshots of your Alltrax settings. Something is probably set wrong or maybe wrong field map
Old 04-01-2020, 10:37 AM   #8
Fireball9298
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
You still haven't' posted any screenshots of your Alltrax settings. Something is probably set wrong or maybe wrong field map
I'm not talking about my settings. I'm talking about what it states on their website. I'm fine with my 29mph speed for 2 weeks till i get my executioner motor. I'll worry about fine tuning then. I expect 34mph out of it based on what other member have said. I think one guy literally said he gets 34mph with 4 adults on the cart! So my goal is 34mph with just myself, then I'll be happy.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:41 AM   #9
greg-g
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball9298 View Post
Actually it makes perfect sense the alltrax Bandit is a stock motor it is cut down so that its Max output matches that of a stock controller if you go any lower on the field map do you have the chance of Burning It Up or over-revving it other aftermarket Motors are designed for higher RPMs at different field settings
greg-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:07 PM   #10
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

If you take your cart and another cart with same motor but stock controller. Now put them side by side and start up a steep hill. You will get to the top first. That is the controller doing its job.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car