lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2020, 09:42 PM   #1
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Question 04 IQ cart

I have my cousin 04 Club Car IQ cart. He wants a hunting cart with plenty of torque. Should I gut it and make it a series cart and buy the torque monster motor are buy the IQ combo for it and leave it IQ.

I really don't like leaving the OBC in it though.
What do you guy's think. Money isn't a concern. I just want this cart to perform when done.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-01-2020, 09:53 PM   #2
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: 04 IQ cart

i would go series with it
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 07:15 AM   #3
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I built my buggy for hunting purposes. Being new to GCs, I had TahoeDawgZ71 help me with my setup. Since he is clearly the go to guy for CCs and is also a hunter, I knew he would know a good setup.

I converted mine from gas to electric, so it was wide open as far as what system to go with. We discussed the different options and ended up going with an IQ setup. You can see in my signature all of my components. To be clear, he did not help me with the lithium part of the build, just the drive train.

Unfortunately I can not give you how it performs "in the field". I have not been able to hunt the last couple years. I can however tell you that it will pull wheelies from a stand still....
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 11:39 AM   #4
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Series carts are the old workhorses, but that's not to say sepex can't hold its own either. Sepex is the more 'modern' system, allowing for regenerative braking.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 07:59 AM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

The biggest thing with the IQ is you have to set it up for Torque and slow speed. Meaning proper motor, controller, cables, etc. When properly equipped, he will thoroughly enjoy it. And drop the OBC and add a smart charger like the Lester Summit II.

Look here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/u...-packages-dsiq and then call David Hicks for your best products and service...
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 09:08 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Series conversions used to be the way to go, and they still perform well to this day, but the advancement in Sepex motors over the last 4-5 years has been outstanding. The FSIP High Torque motor paired with the Alltrax XCT is exactly what you're looking for. (Level 5 kit in the link from NoleFan above) My only concern is that you've got an 04 model cart. The early DS and Precedent (pre-2006) has a differential in it that may not allow such a long motor. Measure and see if you have room for an 11" long motor. With a lift kit you may be ok. With that being said, the level 4 package will gain you about 30-40% torque over stock as compared to about a 70% increase with the level 5, but there are no clearance issues with level 4. With either system you'll have the option to keep the OBC or to remove it and replace with a smart charger.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 06:17 PM   #7
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Talking Re: 04 IQ cart

Thanks for the info guy's. I like keeping the cart simple and can get rid of the OBC. That's what I'll be doing. I'll call David in the morning.
I got to get this cart done.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 07:45 PM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
Thanks for the info guy's. I like keeping the cart simple and can get rid of the OBC. That's what I'll be doing. I'll call David in the morning.
I got to get this cart done.
You can call me now if you want to. I have a lot more free time in the evenings than I do in the middle of the work day. I'll be up for a couple more hours. Otherwise, I'll talk to you tomorrow sir.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 11:39 AM   #9
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
I can however tell you that it will pull wheelies from a stand still....
this is all i would have needed to read. should have lead with that
_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car