lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2020, 12:28 AM   #1
dubzga
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 6" a arm quick question

Hey guys I swapped out my steeling coilover 6" kit tonight for their a arm kit. It looks to be the same as all the other made in China 6" a arm kits.

Upon install, the new upper a arms were resting on the frame. I figured no problem once I take it off the jacks and put weight on it they should come up a bit...nope. is this normal with these kits?

There appears to be no downward travel with the suspension as it is bottomed out at rest. This seems like it would make it very easy to lift an inside tire on a turn. I was able to do so simply by pushing on the side of the windshield frame.

Let me know what yall think.

Thanks.
dubzga is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2020, 06:48 AM   #2
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 6" a arm quick question

I’ll get under mine and take a picture in a little bit, it’s on a DS. I don’t remember that problem and you definitely can’t pop a wheel up pushing on it. I have thought about taking a spring out of that front leaf spring cause it is stiff!
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 08:01 AM   #3
dubzga
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_Daddy View Post
I’ll get under mine and take a picture in a little bit, it’s on a DS. I don’t remember that problem and you definitely can’t pop a wheel up pushing on it. I have thought about taking a spring out of that front leaf spring cause it is stiff!
Thanks Jake, ironically I'm replacing an SGC coil over kit. It was like riding on cast iron blocks with 2x4s for shocks. No adjustment possible.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:07 AM   #4
Dragracer_Art
Gone Wild

Club Car

Id try running it for a bit and see if the spring takes a set and settles down a bit.
Dragracer_Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 09:26 AM   #5
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

OK here is a picture of mine. The gap to the frame is huge, the closest think I could hit would be the nut and I have probably 3/8" of clearance there. Is your cart fully loaded right now? I know when I did mine I did a bunch of other work and didnt have the batteries in and it of course felt way stiffer. Hope this helps!

I will say mine are still pretty stiff, but the dang rear ones are stiffer I should probably screw with those first!

I need to figure out how to rotate images but you can tell what it is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg upper_a_arm.jpg (33.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-02-2020, 09:41 AM   #6
dubzga
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Thanks a lot. Looks like the geometry on the DS is different...I am running allied lithiums so "empty" it is about 225 lbs lighter than stock. Thanks for the pics. Here is mine
Old 04-02-2020, 09:58 AM   #7
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ill bet that lithium has alot to do with it. With the lower weights of the lithium I would experiment and unclasp the double leaf springs, I think that would be the same, or possibly put the stock leaf spring back in. Again assuming they are the same type design with the double leaf spring on the bottom, my stock DS had a single lower spring that I dont think was near as thick as the main spring on the lift.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:09 AM   #8
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

I just started a thread on screwing with the springs in the "Lifted Carts" section. I have been wondering about this for a while and never got around to messing with it.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:27 AM   #9
dubzga
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
I just started a thread on screwing with the springs in the "Lifted Carts" section. I have been wondering about this for a while and never got around to messing with it.
That's a good idea, unfortunately I discarded most of the factory suspension with the previous lift kit.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:55 AM   #10
Dragracer_Art
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubzga View Post
That's a good idea, unfortunately I discarded most of the factory suspension with the previous lift kit.
If you are in Milton... there is a shop real close by. Check out Monster Carts.
I think they are over near Ronald Reagan Blvd. They have been dumping a few old/used carts lately. Maybe they have some old take-off parts you could use.
Dragracer_Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car