lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2020, 03:27 PM   #1
Mike_sfl
Getting Wild

Default 2001 Stuck throttle

First scary failure since I put the cart together.

Cart was behaving fine, and boom, full throttle. My 12 year old reacted quickly and turned the key. The cart brakes are decent, but a pq grizzly2 is a torquey bear indeed. He could have easily been through a fence or a tree.

I'm no wizard with mechanical stuff, but an undercarriage inspection looked completely normal.

The cart would not engage after the failure. After moving it around and doing a mix of forward/reverse with some peddle, the cart engaged and didn't the same thing.

Bummed of course. In this pandemic, ranch time is essential. While I have a number of other machines, my quiet cart of hog/coyote doom has given me and my son a nice escape. Please share your thoughts.

Mike
Mike_sfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-06-2020, 03:31 PM   #2
Mike_sfl
Getting Wild

Default Re: 2001 Stuck throttle

Some brief reading suggested master solenoid replacement. Is that the common cause, and can a dummy like me do it?
Old 04-06-2020, 04:10 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

What controller do you have? What kind of trottle?

A solenoid won't make it go full throttle. Unless you have a resistor cart, in which case you need to ditch the resistors and go with a solid state controller.
If it's a controller setup, the controller handles current control on the negative side of the motor to control motor speed. There are really only two ways the motor gets to run at full throttle, either the throttle signal is going straight to 100%, or the controller has failed and is allowing full motor current.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 10:37 AM   #4
Mike_sfl
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
What controller do you have? What kind of trottle?

A solenoid won't make it go full throttle. Unless you have a resistor cart, in which case you need to ditch the resistors and go with a solid state controller.
If it's a controller setup, the controller handles current control on the negative side of the motor to control motor speed. There are really only two ways the motor gets to run at full throttle, either the throttle signal is going straight to 100%, or the controller has failed and is allowing full motor current.
****. I'm not sure which controller I have. I upgraded the motor, controller, F/R switch, etc., years ago and haven't done anything but maintain batteries since. I left it at the ranch, so it will have to wait for this weekend. I will probably just drag it to my cart guy and let him sort it out.
Old 04-07-2020, 11:10 AM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Have you gotten the cart wet?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 12:03 PM   #6
Mike_sfl
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Have you gotten the cart wet?
No sir. It been dry as a bone. We are still hauling hay in like its winter.
Old 04-29-2020, 11:14 AM   #7
Mike_sfl
Getting Wild

Just to update. My buddy told me there was a stick somehow wedged in there wasn't observable with a casual inspection.

I feel like a dummy, but am glads I'm not buying parts. I wish he would have sent me a picture - I still don't see how I missed it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car