lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2020, 11:13 AM   #1
Gallachera89
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default new controller and motor install

So i am curious
https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...-3-upgrade-kit
im working on my buddys golf cart, 2012 precedent and he ordered up this kit

New motor came in and stuck it in.. the 2 larger wires fit fine.. the 2 smaller are not large enough for the studs on the motor. was gonna step bit the eye lits just a hair so they fit the stud .. sounds good? or no

second thing is .. will there be instructions on how to wire this up? cause i can put things together but i have yet to do any electrical on a this golf cart
Gallachera89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2020, 03:01 PM   #2
Gallachera89
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: new controller and motor install

and the stuff came in .. got a few qustions about the solenoid .. 2 different pictures.. which way does it go.. also this fuse thing..
anyone have a 2012 precedent that can snap a picture of your alltrax set up so i can take a peak at it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200423_154030.jpg (143.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20200423_154347.jpg (107.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20200423_154429.jpg (139.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-23-2020, 06:36 PM   #3
jeffro22
Gone Wild
Club Car

I have used a step bit on terminals before and its worked fine. Just hold it with vice grips so it doesnt grab and twist lug

I had my fuse connected directly to the +terminal of your last battery in series (where you connect your + cable to get 48v), then connect your cable to the fuse using a short bolt/nut

there is alot of good info on this site for this install as I am sure you already know. someone else with more knowledge will post. I installed same setup on my precedent and originally and found a couple videos on youtube that helped also. It gets a little tight in stock location with new solenoid and controller but it all will fit.

not sure exactly what your asking on your solenoid install, but make sure when connecting your small terminals on your solenoid that the activation wire (light blue) faces the stripe side on the diode

Here is a pic of how mine was installed. Hope it helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1773C09F-DCC1-4C3F-88B0-BD780DE87E3E.jpg (176.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 5C9DDBB6-16D5-4DA7-A2F7-E17102453E49.jpg (148.6 KB, 0 views)
jeffro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 08:01 AM   #4
Gallachera89
Gone Wild

Club Car

This is how i have it now and i believe it to be correct.. Then the Yellow controller wire will go on the left (drivers side) and the battery power will go on the right correct?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200424_085816.jpg (174.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-25-2020, 05:52 PM   #5
jeffro22
Gone Wild
Club Car

That will be fine. Are You installing upgraded cables also?
jeffro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 07:00 AM   #6
Gallachera89
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro22 View Post
That will be fine. Are You installing upgraded cables also?
Yes the kit came with all new cables
Old 04-27-2020, 02:53 PM   #7
Gallachera89
Gone Wild

Club Car

can anyone confirm this is correct? im going to go back through and replace each cable individually but i wanna make sure its correct first.. also the little 4 pin connector where does it go?
Old 04-27-2020, 03:27 PM   #8
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

The little four pin connector will not be used with the Alltrax. That is only used with the stock Curtis controller; it goes to the programming port.

The wires and cables appear to be routed correctly, but I do notice a couple of things to address. First, make sure the cables going to the controller lugs come straight off, perpendicular to the controller body (if that makes sense). The way they are now they are very close to each other and could easily short. The other thing is you want to have the large high amp cables on the solenoid posts first, with the small pre-charge resistor ring terminals on top. That way the large cables make the best contact with the solenoid posts.

Other than that, it's looking great!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 12:38 PM   #9
Gallachera89
Gone Wild

Club Car

alright i got it all hooked up .. everything in place..
(got the batteries to take a charge since they have been sitting for like 5 months at 2 volts a piece because the kid that owns it lets his friends dirve it and well they killed the batteries.. any way back to the subject)
put it in gear power on pack voltage was at like 48.1 so a little low, turn the run tow switch on run, alltrax fan comes on for like a second and turns off, press the gas down and the pack voltage dropped significantly like in to 19volts then stayed at 10... measured each battery and they were around 8 volts but with my meter on the 2 furthest posts it was at 10 volts.. turn the run tow switch off and back on and the voltage came back up ... hit the gas, heard the solenoid click, cart moved forward a hair but then stopped .. clicked the gas again and the number 3 battery in the pack from the postitive cable blew up one cell .. im guessing the battery was shorted out??

im a little lost at this
Old 04-29-2020, 02:08 PM   #10
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Time for new batteries
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car