lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2020, 05:53 PM   #1
jbsmith05
Gone Wild

Default Replacing OBC - wires different

I’m replacing an OBC from a 2006 DS. On the cart now the battery cable passes through and connects to the controller.

On the new one I have it already has the cable through it, but on the controller end it has two other wires connected to the ring terminal. What do I do with these?

244B7823-3538-4348-A667-E127481B45C8.jpeg
jbsmith05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2020, 08:06 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: Replacing OBC - wires different

That's for accessories, you can just let it hang there
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 08:24 PM   #3
jbsmith05
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
That's for accessories, you can just let it hang there
So since I have a alltrax controller and plumb quick motor, Can I just cut the wire that's running through the OBC so I can slide my existing 2ga battery cable through?

I'd have to also cut the other wire that's tied to the ring terminal (that goes into the OBC itself not the extra dangling butt connector) on the controller end of the new OBC, I assume just put another ring on it and connect them both to the controller?

Assuming I keep the OBC - unlike what I'm thinking on the other thread!
jbsmith05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 08:28 PM   #4
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsmith05 View Post
So since I have a alltrax controller and plumb quick motor, Can I just cut the wire that's running through the OBC so I can slide my existing 2ga battery cable through?

I'd have to also cut the other wire that's tied to the ring terminal (that goes into the OBC itself not the extra dangling butt connector) on the controller end of the new OBC, I assume just put another ring on it and connect them both to the controller?

Assuming I keep the OBC - unlike what I'm thinking on the other thread!
Yep, exactly.

And when you bolt the two cables onto the B- terminal of the controller, place the high amperage 2 gauge cable on first, then the smaller one on top of it.

Yes, assuming you keep the OBC
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car