lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2020, 08:52 PM   #11
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: Buying Advice on a 2003 Club Car

You did great, even if you have to get new batteries. That’s a very clean cart.

You can try to revive the old batteries, but irreversible damage has already been done to them. As far as upgrades go, you can start with larger cables and a controller/solenoid, and upgrade the motor later.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2020, 08:56 PM   #12
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

From what I see it looks very nice. Get some batteries and tell us what happens next.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 09:23 PM   #13
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

I wouldn’t even worry about cables yet. Get batteries and then find out what you have.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 10:29 AM   #14
Raystar57
Gone Wild

Club Car

That's a good deal, good find!
Even needing batteries and some cable updates it looks like a fine cart to work with.
Raystar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 12:25 PM   #15
Canno10
Not Yet Wild

A little update and a request for advice. I have confirmed this cart is a 2000.5 DS Regen. I was hoping to still receive the charger from the person I bought the cart from, but unfortunately that seems to have fallen through for various reasons...

My first step is wanting to try and revive the batteries just enough to make sure it runs and give me a good idea of what needs to be attended to right away. In reading several threads, I’m going to use a 12v car battery charger to get them charged enough for a cart charger to take over. However, I don’t currently have a cart charger and need to buy one. Should I go used? buy new? where should I go? Any thoughts or advice you all can provide? I have found a local dealer to buy Trojan batteries(core exchange) for $825 all in. I will do this soon after trying to revive current batteries, which are 3 years old, but bone dry.
Canno10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 02:25 PM   #16
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

My 2 cents. Upgrade in this order.

1. Batteries, cables, and tires (if needed). Keep same size at this point.
2. Controller, HD F/R, HD solenoid
3. Lift kit and bigger tires

Each step is building on the previous step.
fsu1tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 02:25 PM   #17
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

BTW. You did get a nice looking cart. Well worth the price.
fsu1tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 04:16 PM   #18
Canno10
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu1tm View Post
BTW. You did get a nice looking cart. Well worth the price.
Thanks! I thought I did pretty well but when I got home and realized I needed new batteries, didn’t get a charger, need new tires, etc..., I had a little buyers remorse. Haha. But reading this thread and others helped me get over that.

And appreciate the “guide”. I’m new to this so any help in regards to where to start is very helpful. The tires are dunzo so I bought some decent used tires from local dealer to get me by for now. Now I need to buy a charger. I may just go with the Modz Max charger for now. I saw a thread or two on this with nothing bad to say...
Canno10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 05:46 PM   #19
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Seems like you can always find used Powerdrive chargers reasonably priced. Your cart would’ve come with a PD2 from the factory.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 07:05 PM   #20
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canno10 View Post
Thanks! I thought I did pretty well but when I got home and realized I needed new batteries, didn’t get a charger, need new tires, etc..., I had a little buyers remorse. Haha. But reading this thread and others helped me get over that.

.... Now I need to buy a charger. I may just go with the Modz Max charger for now. I saw a thread or two on this with nothing bad to say...
Great deal on a very clean cart.
We bought our first cart 3 weeks ago, 2003 CC DS Pathway, 48v, 2 year old batteries & tires, 2 ga cables, everything else original, garaged for $1800.
The charger is all banged up, cables worn, etc., but works. I got a Modz Max charger which works great and will be removing the OBC. The body is dinged/scratched, we want to paint it white or find replacement body panels. Also, want to add a rear seat. The cart is down right now to replace the rear leaf springs/shocks/gear oil so I sent the motor to Plum Quick for a Bandit. We've been using it to run the dogs and they keep circling around it wanting to go out. It will do 17-18 mph on the flat, but the dogs can still out run it, thus the Bandit & Alltrax.

It's hard to tell from your first pic, but is your F-R switch a rocker or lever.
It looks like a rocker, if so, yours is an IQ (or Model Id is AQ) and you will not need a heavy duty F-R switch.
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car