lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2020, 05:38 PM   #11
joepiccaso
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: OEM Tires and Rims?

Great! Yea, it's a '94 model. Who knows what it's been through. So, do you also think that the 8.5 wide tire would work in the front as well? I sure would like to not have to buy two sizes of tires. I'll measure later to see. I'll have to take one off the rear anyway to replace it.
joepiccaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2020, 08:23 PM   #12
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Yeah the everyday “normal” carts had 18x8.5x8 tires all the way around. Same wheels and tires front and back.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 12:50 PM   #13
joepiccaso
Getting Wild
Club Car

Good point about the valve stems. My wheels are definitely offset. I can measure that and see that the front have a negative offset and the rear are a positive. Which makes the wheels Not interchangeable F to B.
Old 05-16-2020, 12:54 PM   #14
joepiccaso
Getting Wild
Club Car

My wheels must be Offset. The Fronts are deeper on the inside where the steering parts fit. The rear are much deeper on the Outside than the inside. The valve stem issue seals that issue. I'll get two new tires for the back and then pull the front and see what they are. I only need an extra rim for a spare, so it's not critical for now. Thanks for the help!
Old 05-16-2020, 01:33 PM   #15
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepiccaso View Post
My wheels must be Offset. The Fronts are deeper on the inside where the steering parts fit. The rear are much deeper on the Outside than the inside. ....
Maybe someone just put another set of rims/tires on the front that are not the normal stock wheels.
Have you tried installing one of the rear rims on the front and looked at the clearance?
Used golf cart rims are fairly inexpensive.
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 08:44 AM   #16
joepiccaso
Getting Wild
Club Car

R&T, No not yet. I'm in the middle of an up grade from 36V to 48V. I damaged a tire while lifting it on some concrete blocks. So, I'll have to fix it later. But, thinking of buying some tires brought that to light. The tires not so much, but the rims became a bit of a mystery to me. On the Front the deep part of the rim is inward, the steering knuckles protrude in that space. The shallow side is outward. It's just the opposite for the Rear, the deep side of the rim is outward and the shallow side is inward. But the valve stems are obviously on the outside, so they are the same rims, They look like you could just flip them from front to back, but then the Front valve stems would be inside. If that is the case, I'd really need two spares, and considering where we ride, I'm not sure I need any spares. I'll have to deal with it later, and just get a couple of new rear tires in the mean time. Thanks for the help.
Old 06-03-2020, 11:15 AM   #17
joepiccaso
Getting Wild
Club Car

Just an Update on the Front Tires. Besides not being able to find that narrow 6.5 tire, except on eBay for >5 times the price of the others, No one really knew why they were on there and what was up with the rims. I needed a new tire (rear) regardless and I called a local cart shop who does fleets of CC locally. They sold used tires and when I went to pick it up, it actually was mounted on a rim like the ones on my rear tires. i talked to the parts guy there awhile and he couldn't come up with anything in parts from CC as to what it was, though he said he did remember some of the customers had done that to gain a better turning radius for tight parking lots, etc. He saw no reason the regular rims and tires on the rear, wouldn't work on the from. So, I mount one of the rear tires on the front. When I ran the test this morning on the upgrade, It never rubbed, so I guess I'm in the clear. The front rim apparently is just a narrow rim, otherwise the same. Now since I need some new tires, I may just go to a 10" rim, they seem more prevalent, and replace them all. All is OK on the tire front now. Mystery solved, at least to my satisfaction. Just wanted to let everyone know.

Tags
1994, club car, oem rims, tires
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car