lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2020, 08:50 PM   #1
ray mason
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Alltrax speed sensor voltage

Hi, I just installed a Alltrax into my clubcar buggy. It was in limp mode before I disabled the speed sensor in the software and got normal speed but jerky. Checking the speed sensor circuit I am only getting 4.7 volts between the red and black wire. On stock controllers voltage is supposed to be 15-16V so I don't know if the alltrax is supposed to be the same or if the 4.7V is OK. My magnet was also cracked so I have a new one on order with a sensor. Can anyone confirm what the voltage should be.
ray mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2020, 07:05 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax speed sensor voltage

The voltage signal from the sensor to the controller would be the same, but should be about 4.85. Limp mode is because of the broken magnet.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 07:07 AM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

With a DVM, place the black (–) probe on the battery main pack Negative post and place the red (+) probe on the green wire between the 3-pin connector and the motor speed sensor. Raise "only" one rear wheel off ground. Slowly turn the rear wheel to rotate the motor armature. As the armature rotates, the voltage reading should alternate from 0vdc to approximately 4.85vdc. The voltage reading will fluctuate from zero to 4.85vdc and back to zero four times for each revolution of the motor armature. (The voltage reading of 4.85vdc is an approximate reading; the actual reading may vary from 4.50vdc to 5.00vdc). Replace the speed sensor if there is no voltage reading, voltage reading is not above 3.50vdc, or the voltage reading does not fluctuate as the motor is turned. (You can check the signals from the controller by placing the Red probe (+) on MPP post and place the Black (–) probe on the black/white wire in the 3-pin connector. The voltage should be 48 volts or pack voltage. Now place the Black (–) probe on the MPN post and place Red (+) probe on red wire in the 3-pin connector. The voltage reading should be approximately ~15-16 volts. If <14vdc is is a controller issue.)
Old 05-17-2020, 08:18 AM   #4
ray mason
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

that is were I got the info on the 15-16V but not sure if the alltrax uses the same voltage as the stock curtis controller.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:12 AM   #5
ray mason
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Soa quick update. When I first bought this cart 3 years ago I could only get about 12km/h. I ended up smoking the curtis controller and put in the Alltrax but was seeing even a slower speed of 8km/h. I changed the setting in the alltrax to not sense the rpm and could then get 17 km/h. So I checked the speed sensor i found I had a a cracked magnetic. Must of been cracked when I bought it, not sure how those things could crack. Anyways order a new one and am up to 25km/h now which is plenty fast for me.
Old 05-30-2020, 01:48 PM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Good. Now you are rocking AND rolling...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car