lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2020, 11:31 PM   #1
XxOakley
Not Yet Wild

Default 1992 48v Club Car DS won't go forward or reverse

Hey all! I have a question about my DS and could use some help. I have a '92 DS 48v that has been giving me some grief. I've converted it to deep cycle 12V batteries and use it around my lake lot. It's worked fine for three years and just last year it started giving me troubles. Full Charge it would typically drive ok with no issues, I'd park for a short amount of time (sometimes 10min sometimes an hour) and when I went to drive away there is no drive. I can sorta feel a very slight, and i mean slight, lurch as if there is some very small amount of current going to the motor. I've tried recharging batteries and it makes no difference. I then decided to remove the two bigger wires off the F-N-R switch. I checked for corrosion, cleaned them and reinstalled and it worked! Next time I stopped, same issue. I repeated the repair -it worked. This cycle went on for almost the whole season last year. I finally broke down and removed the F-N-R switch and disassembled it. I checked all microswitches - good, then i removed all copper components and cleaned them completely. I checked with a multi meter - 0 to very little resistance on the terminals. I reinstalled it this weekend and was able to drive right away. It all worked well, drove for 15min without issue. Parked it and when I went to go again, same problem. This time though, I tried my little cable removal and reinstall and nothing worked. It still does that ever so slight creep (doesn't even move the cart, I can just only slightly feel the motor feels like it gets 0.5v)
I'm looking for wiring diagrams and am having a hard time finding a 92 DS 48v wiring diagram. It had 6 factory 8v batteries in it when I replaced them so I'm pretty confident it is in fact a 48v. I don't have the serial number with me at the moment unfortunately so I can't verify.

Just wondering if any of the guru's on here have any insight? I'm going to try and diagnose it this upcoming weekend and it would help if I went into it prepared. I'm a licensed Automotive tech so I'm very familiar with electrical, but without a diagram it makes it difficult.

Personally I'm leaning towards a faulty solenoid (haven't checked that other than tugging on the wires). I'm not sure if I have a controller? I think its just the resistor sweep on the frame beside the batteries right?

If you could help a brother out, that would be most helpful!

Thank you!
XxOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2020, 06:35 AM   #2
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1992 48v Club Car DS won't go forward or reverse

If you have a resistor set in the back I doubt it was originally 48v because I don’t think they made a 48v resistor cart but if everything is in working order it would move. If you want to test the solenoid put the two fat cables on the same post and see if it works, basically bypassing the solenoid. You should load test those batteries as well, I don’t think standard 12v deep cycle last as along as long and at 3 years you maybe at the end of their life.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car