lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2020, 01:56 PM   #1
AB0337
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default DS LED Headlight Replacement Help

The cart I just purchased has an LED light kit with headlights, taillights, brake lights and turn signals. However, the headlights were burnt out for some reason and I ordered a set of RHOX headlights to replace them. Well, they just came in today and they have different wiring than what was there. The new lights have the three prong harness plus two grey wires that didn't exist with the previous set up. One wire comes from headlight and the other is split off of the red wire. I plugged the harness in to see what would happen and got nothing.
I did notice that the orientation of the wires is different on the harnesses. Looks like white and black wires are switched. What should I do to make these work?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg harness from cart.jpg (45.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Headlights old vs new 2.jpg (280.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg old headlight.jpg (246.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg new headlight.jpg (267.4 KB, 0 views)
AB0337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2020, 02:29 PM   #2
barlowchiro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: DS LED Headlight Replacement Help

I just put these in my DS. That extra wire should connect to the wire harness that came with the lights. It is either for the blinker or the Hi/Lo beams, I can't remember. I removed the factor light harness and used their deluxe wire harness and added the blinker/flashers/horn/Hi-Lo Beam turn signal switch while I was at it.

When I ordered my LED RHOX light kit it came with the deluxe wiring harness that had plugs for a horn, brake light, blinkers, etc...

http://www.rhox.us/images/LGT-375L.pdf
barlowchiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 02:34 PM   #3
AB0337
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by barlowchiro View Post
I just put these in my DS. That extra wire should connect to the wire harness that came with the lights. It is either for the blinker or the Hi/Lo beams, I can't remember. I removed the factor light harness and used their deluxe wire harness and added the blinker/flashers/horn/Hi-Lo Beam turn signal switch while I was at it.

When I ordered my LED RHOX light kit it came with the deluxe wiring harness that had plugs for a horn, brake light, blinkers, etc...
Cart already had the light kit and harnesses installed. I just ordered new headlights. No harness came.

Edit to add: The diagram you provided shows those extra wires as high/low beam. So, I think I can ignore them. I wonder if I need to cut the 3 pin connectors off and hard wire the correct wires to each other?
Old 05-19-2020, 02:44 PM   #4
barlowchiro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Not sure then. My harness that was in the cart when I bought it wouldn't work, so I swapped out for their deluxe harness. Which worked out, cause I wanted to add blinkers/Hi-Lo beams/brake light.

Talk to the dealer you got the lights from, because mine came with the deluxe harness included.
Old 05-19-2020, 03:00 PM   #5
barlowchiro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB0337 View Post
Cart already had the light kit and harnesses installed. I just ordered new headlights. No harness came.

Edit to add: The diagram you provided shows those extra wires as high/low beam. So, I think I can ignore them. I wonder if I need to cut the 3 pin connectors off and hard wire the correct wires to each other?
I asked that question a while back, I think you can do that and ignore the Hi/Lo beam wire

Page 5/6 I asked that question: https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...=160403&page=6
Old 05-19-2020, 03:22 PM   #6
AB0337
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
I asked that question a while back, I think you can do that and ignore the Hi/Lo beam wire

Page 5/6 I asked that question: https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...=160403&page=6
So, I am assuming that I just need to connect red to red, black to black and then the white to the yellow? Sorry, I want to make sure I don't mess this up.
Old 05-19-2020, 03:39 PM   #7
barlowchiro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB0337 View Post
So, I am assuming that I just need to connect red to red, black to black and then the white to the yellow? Sorry, I want to make sure I don't mess this up.
That sounds right, but I don't know 100%

Sergio would know
Old 05-19-2020, 04:05 PM   #8
AB0337
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
That sounds right, but I don't know 100%

Sergio would know
So, that resulted in the headlight working as the blinker. I switched the red and black and that allowed the blinker to work but not the headlight...
Old 05-19-2020, 04:20 PM   #9
AB0337
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Got it! Red-red, black-white, yellow-black. Now I just need some connectors...
Old 05-19-2020, 04:58 PM   #10
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car