lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2020, 08:28 AM   #1
Graves83
Not Yet Wild

Default Constant stop and go problem

I am trying to get my '17 precedent JE running. It will only make it down the driveway, then cuts out. I have to repeatedly tap on the Throttle to get it back up.
What's going on here??
Here's what i have done so far: Replace the solenoid, on/off switch, load test the batteries- from that i have found that i do have 2 batteries that read 3.5 and 5 volts under a load test. However, during the load test the wheels spin constantly and the solenoid almost always clicks. But there are a few times where nothing happens when i step on the pedal, keep tapping it and it is good- which is similar to what happens every time on the road.
Also, i have searched everywhere, and i do not have an OBC. this seems weird from everything else I'm reading, but there isn't even a place to mount it on the controller cover.
What do you guys think???
Graves83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2020, 09:18 AM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: Constant stop and go problem

Short answer you need batteries
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 09:22 AM   #3
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
Short answer you need batteries
BINGO... End of story...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:15 AM   #4
Graves83
Not Yet Wild

ok thansk! Really that's it. it seems like there is more to it though, as even fresh of the charger it does this. Could a couple bad batteries do that much?

But ok.. Another question (or 2), then. Can i just Replace only the bad ones, or do i have to get a whole new set? Do i need to do anything to my charger if i order and install new batteries myself?
Graves83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 12:47 PM   #5
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

You can replace just the bad ones, but it will not work very long before the batteries will be giving you problems again. Best to bit the bullet and replace them all at one time you will save money in the long run.

Anytime you work with the batteries put cart in tow mode then unhook main negative and then positive battery cables. Take photos of what you have first then before you hook up that last cable compare what you have done with your photos. Good luck I think you will do just fine.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 01:25 PM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Batteries are your friend....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:26 PM   #7
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Get a new pack and read this: https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/atta...2&d=1289853436

jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car