lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2020, 11:27 AM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Is an OBC that Smart?

Next time you are charging, hold the DC plug into the cart firmly against the chart socket so it does not move and twist and turn the cable all the way from the cart to the charger in case you have an internal break in the wire or bad terminal connection at the DC plug.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2020, 12:59 PM   #12
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Next time you are charging, hold the DC plug into the cart firmly against the chart socket so it does not move and twist and turn the cable all the way from the cart to the charger in case you have an internal break in the wire or bad terminal connection at the DC plug.
Will do Sergio. BTW I checked the sense wire coming off the back of the receptacle and it appeared to be connected firmly. I went to unplug and clean the charge receptacle and the male DC charge plug has a little play while plugged in. I cleaned the receptacle female connectors and all 3 have a small amount of in-out movement. They weren't that dirty. I left the cart unplugged and hope to get another break-in run later today.

Thanks!
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 02:22 PM   #13
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Power outage is what I was thinking too. It happens here at least a couple times a week.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 02:38 PM   #14
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

The terminals should be a little loose in the cart receptacle. They are split barrel type sockets that have to expand as the pins go in, so they need a little bit of wiggle room in the receptacle housing. You can run into problems if there is dirt or corrosion sandwiched around the terminals preventing them from expanding.

The pins in the charge cord should not be loose.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 03:13 PM   #15
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
The terminals should be a little loose in the cart receptacle. They are split barrel type sockets that have to expand as the pins go in, so they need a little bit of wiggle room in the receptacle housing. You can run into problems if there is dirt or corrosion sandwiched around the terminals preventing them from expanding.

The pins in the charge cord should not be loose.
FairTax,
That describes my condition to a T.
A Q-Tip rolled between the fingers makes an excellent inside swab to the receptacle female pin connectors. That's how I realized they had a little wiggle room to move.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:43 AM   #16
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

[quote=Hunter450;1723119]Just an update:

Quote:
I just performed the post 12 hour voltage check after the PD charger cycled off after the +63v mystery charge.

Pack Voltage: Cart meter 50.7v / DVM 50.6v

Well, the weather did not allow the 4th break-in run yesterday afternoon so I left the cart unplugged after I cleaned the charge receptacle to see if the pack voltage would drop further overnight which it did. In less than 24 hours the pack went from 50.7v to 50.3v. No accessories have been used other than flipping a toggle switch to read pack voltage. Maybe and I hope this is just the nature of a new pack until some more charge cycles are clocked.
Old 05-30-2020, 07:52 AM   #17
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Did the 4th break-in run on the new pack. Starting pack voltage was 50.2v. Drove 8.23 miles and dropped the pack to 49.3v just less than 70% SOC. Plugged the charger in and did the DC cord bend/twist as Sergio suggested and no interruption. Charger shut off automatically in 2.5 hours with a voltage on the pack of 63.3v. Left the DC cord plugged in and checked the pack a 5 intervals for 24 hours. All seems normal until less than 48 hours after the last charge and I find the charger on again and the pack voltage is 64v.

I think my OBC has issues and I don't want it to cook these new batteries. I may do an OBC reset. I came across the attached instructions for OBC reset on Alltrax's website. Seems more involved than a typical reset.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Rebooting-Club-Car-OBC.pdf (122.7 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car