lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2020, 05:07 PM   #1
Beestyle82
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car Regen2 solenoid question

So I have a Club Car Regen 2 and I have a question on the 2 solenoids. With the key on and in run position. When I press the pedal the solenoid on both big side terminals loose all power. To be clear this is the solenoid with the regen braking coil on it that goes to the A2 side of controller. It show 24v on both big terminals before I press the pedal then drops to 0. This one I can hear click like it is working. Also on the other solenoid that goes directly to the battery terminal to the controllers B+, when the foot pedal is pressed it also goes to 0 voltage and starts with 48v. Is this normal? It doesn't seem like it should be. Any help would be apricated. I am trying to troubleshoot this cart.
Beestyle82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2020, 06:29 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Regen2 solenoid question

If you have your meter probes on each large terminal Red on one, black on the other, then yes that is normal.
When the solenoid clicks and the bridge inside makes contact the two large posts are then connected inside, so voltage across the two will read 0 on the meter because they are not the same point of measure as far as the meter is concerned.
Check each post with your Black meter lead placed on the B- terminal at the controller (same as pack negative), and you will find it reads actual voltage on each terminal.

The reason for that is the voltmeter is comparing voltage between the two points where the probes are touching, and when the solenoid closes there is no difference in voltage between the two large posts.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 07:41 PM   #3
Beestyle82
Not Yet Wild

No, this is what I get with the meter Red on one and black on - terminal.
Beestyle82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 08:53 AM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

So does the cart not currently work?
Both solenoids should click when the pedal is pressed. Do both click or just one?

If your black meter lead is connected to the Pack negative you should have pack voltage on the large posts on the main power solenoid on the right side.
The dynamic brake solenoid with the big resistor coil on the left side will show varying voltage on both posts because it is on the negative side of the circuit. Voltage will vary based on how far the throttle is pressed down. If the pedal is only pushed down enough to get the solenoid to click, it should show near pack voltage on both posts.
If bot large posts on the Main solenoid and DB solenoid are dropping to 0v, there is a loose connection or bad battery cable.
If only the posts on the DB solenoid are dropping there is a loose connection or bad cable going to the motor, or an internal fault in the motor armature.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car