lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2020, 11:16 PM   #1
Abfarms
Not Yet Wild

Default Finally upgrading

So I’ve got a 2008 precedent IQ 48v, and I’m finally ready to pull the trigger and go from stock to not. I’ve done the lift and tires a few years ago, but now I’m wanting to do the necessary upgrades to go from mild to wild. What I’m hung up on is motor, used to take the cart hunting, now it’s just a family rig mainly neighborhood or camp grounds, also I’m back and forth on navitas or alltrax? Just looking for any help. And is there anything else besides the wire upgrades that I need to do as well?
Abfarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2020, 12:12 AM   #2
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Finally upgrading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abfarms View Post
So I’ve got a 2008 precedent IQ 48v, and I’m finally ready to pull the trigger and go from stock to not. .... now it’s just a family rig mainly neighborhood or camp grounds, also I’m back and forth on navitas or alltrax? .... And is there anything else besides the wire upgrades that I need to do as well?
We just got our first cart and need it to go a bit faster because our dogs can outrun it. On the flat it'll do around 17-18 mph. We also cruise the neighborhood. The motor should be back soon, Plum Quick Bandit. The battery cables were upgraded to 2 ga, but I need to do the rest of the system. A 400A solenoid will go in followed by an Alltrax XCT400. I think that will do it.
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 06:51 AM   #3
Abfarms
Not Yet Wild

When it comes to the motor I see a bunch of people are going with plum quick, granted they do hold speed records. But at the same time I want to make sure I’d be happy with that. Not miss out on something better or equal. Controller wise I’m going either 600amp Navi or 500alltrax, I like the thought of not having to plug in to mess with controller. Also if I planned on doing the lithium conversion once my current batteries finally die, am I thinking right and going with the beefier components now?
Abfarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 08:26 AM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Either way you are fine in regards to the lithium upgrade.

For Navitas or Alltrax, they both have their following. I like Alltrax and they are a proven product here, but Navitas is coming on strong and developing a very good reputation in regards to reliability.

Call David Hicks at Revolution Golf Cars. Phone: 706-431-3917, he has been selling and installing them both and may can offer you some insight.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 08:30 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Here are ten reasons why Alltrax is a better choice than the other guys > https://www.cartsunlimited.net/about...ntrollers.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 11:21 AM   #6
bigguy9
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Here are ten reasons why Alltrax is a better choice than the other guys > https://www.cartsunlimited.net/about...ntrollers.html
Bought the Alltrax from ScottB because of #1, I'm pretty impatient and that was worth the cost. Been very happy with it.
bigguy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 11:51 AM   #7
Norklin
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Alltrax all the way here.

I did David's level 2 kit (posted above) and im going 26 on flat with stock tires. I went with the 500a so if i want to do a motor later its drop and go.

Highly recommend using revolution as Nole mentioned, great dude.
Norklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car