lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2020, 11:01 AM   #1
migalo
Not Yet Wild

Default HD Springs for Precedent - Dual Action or 3-leaf?

Hey all! First post, first question, but I've been reading, learning, and working on my cart a lot. There is one thing I haven't gotten clear on in other posts and hoping you all can help out.

I have a Precedent with a 6" lift and 23" tires. I mainly use it to fish the lakes with my son so the only thing in the back is generally a bait bucket. Since we've been staying at home much more lately, I'm starting to get passengers who want to go fishing and when we get some big boys back there I get some rubbing on the trim when turning and especially when at speed on some terrain.

I'd like to maintain the ride quality but have some support when the back seat is loaded with some of my BK Whopper eating friends. I would like to avoid the back end coming up another 1"- 1-1/2" because of the lift as its pretty high right now as it is so trying to find that sweet spot.

With finding the sweet spot in mind and because of all of the above, I was thinking of trying dual action springs for the rear? Sound like the right plan? Any guidance otherwise is appreciated. A second option I was considering is a 3 leaf spring. I'll be glad to support a site sponsor as well! Especially if the product is made in the USA.

Thank you in advance. Cart pic below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6760.jpg (152.0 KB, 0 views)
migalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2020, 11:53 AM   #2
Norklin
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: HD Springs for Precedent - Dual Action or 3-leaf?

I am adding a backseat as well in the near future and have narrowed down my purchase to these,

https://steelenggolfcart.com/product...004-golf-cart/

hope others can chime in as well.
Norklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 12:25 PM   #3
bigguy9
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I bought the Heavy Duty rear leaf springs, and it was too harsh. Even worse now with the Leaf batteries setup. Thinking the Dual Action will be better and keep some of the rideability you have now.
bigguy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 12:29 PM   #4
migalo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguy9 View Post
I bought the Heavy Duty rear leaf springs, and it was too harsh. Even worse now with the Leaf batteries setup. Thinking the Dual Action will be better and keep some of the rideability you have now.
Yeah, that is exactly what I am afraid of. If I were to constantly be having people in the back than I would go HD - 4 leaf springs. But with it only being an occasional thing I'm just now on the fence between 3 leaf and Dual Action. I'll wait for a few more to offer up input before pulling the trigger on a pair.
Old 05-28-2020, 03:31 PM   #5
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have the three leaf and ride around with four people quite a bit, my wife and two young kids. I have contemplated taking one of the leaves out as its pretty dang stiff.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 03:54 PM   #6
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguy9 View Post
I did the same thing - tried the Heavy Duty springs and they were way too stiff. I ended up switching to the dual action springs and they are perfect - nice ride when the back seat is empty and plenty of support when there are passengers.
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 07:45 PM   #7
migalo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonr3 View Post
I did the same thing - tried the Heavy Duty springs and they were way too stiff. I ended up switching to the dual action springs and they are perfect - nice ride when the back seat is empty and plenty of support when there are passengers.
Yeah I think I’m heading towards going dual action. Where did you get yours? What brand?
Old 05-29-2020, 08:05 AM   #8
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by migalo View Post
Yeah I think I’m heading towards going dual action. Where did you get yours? What brand?
I'm not 100% sure, but I think I got them from David at Revolution Golf Cars

( David Hicks - Owner - Revolution Golf Cars 706-431-3917 www.RevolutionGolfCars.com )
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 08:30 AM   #9
bigguy9
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Would definitely recommend Dave, great guy and great customer service.
bigguy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 08:30 AM   #10
mndanielsncsu
Gone Wild
Club Car

I added the HD springs to a previous cart and agree that they were way too harsh. I had another cart where I added a medium duty leaf spring set from Cart Parts Plus and felt it was much better.

http://www.cartpartsplus.com/precede...ar?search=leaf
mndanielsncsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car