lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2020, 02:45 PM   #11
Clarkwho
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 98DS solenoid issue

I tested the microswitch in the Vglide and have continuity through it...not sure where to go next?
Clarkwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2020, 09:03 PM   #12
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Check power from the key switch and the run/tow switch
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 10:20 PM   #13
Clarkwho
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Check power from the key switch and the run/tow switch
Have power going through key, direct connected to make sure during one test. I have continuity through F and R...wasn't sure continuity was enough though? but tested a second switch from my running cart and it didn't change anything?
Old 06-01-2020, 10:22 PM   #14
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Check the run/tow and these flow paths.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CC_powerdrive_plus_(regen2).jpg (499.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-02-2020, 01:18 PM   #15
Clarkwho
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Check the run/tow and these flow paths.
So, I have followed power from pos post on solenoid up to tow/run then to key switch, then to vglide and have it (full pack power) leaving vglide via green/white wire...after that, it seems to go to the controller? The three other wires coming from vglide don't seem to have pack power? What should they read?
Cannot seem to find/see where the power to the blue wire on solenoid comes from?
Can the controller cause the solenoid not to engage?? I was under the impression the solenoid gave the power to the controller, not the other way around??

edit- as a side note...if I jump power to the blue wire from the pos post on the solenoid, and depress the pedal, the solenoid engages...
Old 06-02-2020, 06:54 PM   #16
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

The Regen 2's (PDP's) were a little different and the power supply came from the OBC. There is a Blue wire coming out the OBC and feeds a Sonic Weld containing another Blue to the solenoid activation, along with wires for the Fwd/Rev Rocker, Dynamic Brake solenoid, and more. At the controller, the Green/White P3 wire is from the pedal MS (should be pack voltage with it depressed and key On) and the Orange/White P2 wire is from the Key switch and should be pack voltage when On.
Old 06-03-2020, 09:57 AM   #17
Clarkwho
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
There is a Blue wire coming out the OBC and feeds a Sonic Weld containing another Blue to the solenoid activation,
I think I have that white wire connected to the white?

Quote:
At the controller, the Green/White P3 wire is from the pedal MS (should be pack voltage with it depressed and key On) and the Orange/White P2 wire is from the Key switch and should be pack voltage when On.
yes, I do have that...
Old 06-03-2020, 10:55 AM   #18
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Then I would get my meter or 48v test probe and follow that wire up to the sonic weld and beyond and see where you are losing the current. You have a loss somewhere and we have to find it.
Old 06-03-2020, 07:27 PM   #19
Clarkwho
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Then I would get my meter or 48v test probe and follow that wire up to the sonic weld and beyond and see where you are losing the current. You have a loss somewhere and we have to find it.
Ok...I think we got somewhere!! So...it turns out I had connected the white and blue together (when bypassing obc)....at the obc side, not the plug side, so the white wire wasn't feeding the blue to solenoid. *darn rookies* That said, I learned a lot about the wiring on these things, so I thank you for that!

Now, I turn it to "run" and the solenoid engages/clicks, pack power to yellow, but no power out of the controller, except on green to A1, and no drive...Is it only power out of the green?

progress feels good...
Old 06-03-2020, 08:38 PM   #20
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

You ARE going to make me old before my time, correct? Lol

Have you checked the throttle signal yet to make sure it is telling the controller you want it to move....
(And I have been helping too many separate people with similar problem the last couple of days and am starting to confuse myself as the days and problems go on...)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car